Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Clear Lake City, Texas
Req Id 27941 - Posted 12/26/2017 - Maintenance - Clear Lake / Pasadena. Texas. US
This position is in the Maintenance Department and reports directly to the IE&A Engr/Team Lead.
The I&E Technician will interface with the appropriate maintenance and manufacturing resources to diagnose, improve, and resolve instrument and electrical maintenance activities in a safe, responsible and environmentally sound manner. Technician will ensure that instrument and electrical equipment are repaired and maintained for maximum reliability and in accordance with manufacturer's specifications. Works well as a team player.
* Meet work demands according to daily/weekly maintenance schedule
* Reports the progress of the work to the IE&A Engr/Lead and Maintenance Coordinator
* Must be physically able to perform heavy manual labor
* Must be available to work extended hours, weekends, holidays and after hours call outs
* Perform elevated work on scaffolding and aerial lifts (JLG, scissor lifts)
* Follow and adhere to the maintenance work process, repair procedures, and plant safety procedures
* Must adhere to the Arkema Electrical Safe Work Practices Policy and Guidelines for the CLO site
Context and environment
The duties of this position are conducted with the following considerations:
* Changing production requirements- quality, quantity, customer needs and logistics.
* HES- environmental and safety policies and procedures/limits.
* Equipment capabilities.
* Maintenance workforce availability and capabilities
* Perform routine and non-routine electrical and instrumentation maintenance as directed to ensure that equipment is maintained in full working order
* Accountable for a safe and timely completion of the different maintenance activities performed.
* Deliver update status of job assignments daily by 12:00pm
* Document repair work and assist in maintaining documentation
Qualifications / experience required
* Skilled in interpreting electrical diagrams/schematics
* Ability to read, understand and utilize equipment drawings and P&ID's
* Skilled in utilizing electrical and instrumentation diagnostic equipment
* Skilled in motor terminology and maintenance procedures
* Knowledgeable in dry type transformer construction, troubleshooting, and wiring
* Knowledgeable in locating and isolating 480V ground faults on systems using ground fault location equipment
* Knowledgeable in plant equipment grounding systems construction, testing, and maintenance
* Knowledgeable in UPS functions, troubleshooting, and preventive maintenance
* Knowledgeable in troubleshooting of electrical control circuitry and distribution equipment
* Proper switching and isolation of equipment utilizing written procedures
* Basic knowledge of Adjustable Speed Drives construction, operation, troubleshooting, and preventive maintenance
* Basic knowledge of Multilin 369 Motor Protective Relays
* Knowledgeable in motor control systems
* Perform troubleshooting, repairs and calibration of instrumentation utilizing various type of test equipment
* Ability to follow maintenance procedures for equipment
* Update maintenance coordinators with job status and submit repair reports and documentation to meet ISO requirements
* Knowledgeable in the use of hand and power tools related to electrical & Instrumentation work
* Computer skills is a plus
* High school diploma with minimum 5 years field maintenance experience with electrical and instrumentation. Instrument or Electrical Technical degree / Certification preferred.
* Must possess good communication skills to interface with Operations, leaders, and fellow Maintenance personnel
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of