Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Publication date: 29.01.2019 REFERENCE: 5101471803
Company: AVANGRID Service Company (ASC) Department: Smart Grids Applications Job Title: Lead Programmer - Operations Smart Grids Reports to: Manager - Programs/Projects Location: Binghamton, NY US Cross Company Responsibility: Yes
Business and Department ASC-NY-East Avenue Rochester,NY
Description JOB SUMMARY:
Responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and continual development of Operation Technologies' Outage Management tools which includes REPOS, Gired and ICDS applications. REPOS is Java/NetBeans application that provides a rich outage management toolset to the control centers. It is integrated with the Siemens Spectrum EMS/SCADA system and provides automated outage management capabilities. Gired is an application developed by Iberdrola Spain's control centers for the planning, approval, scheduling and execution of planned grid outages. ICDS is a suite of tools that allow outage information collected by the OMS and EMS systems to be shared with the operations group. The ICDS application provided queries of outage causes and equipment failures, outage reporting to regulators, and public facing outage views.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
1. Application Development, working with Iberdrola's existing software contractors to integrate the new version. 2. Coordinating with the Electric Operations Managers and Supervisors for application development and enhancements, and work with the Spanish colleagues to ensure coordinated application development.
3. Creating, updating and disseminating application usage policies.
4. Drafting new policies or sub policies if required.
5. Actively take part of projects that could have an impact on Data Privacy.
6. Liaising with relevant areas to define, design and implement a framework of controls and procedures for adherence with USA data protection legislation and relevant codes of practice.
7. Coordinate Training activities for application users and the Trainers in the Electric Operations Group.
Requirements JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience Required:
* Associate's degree in Computer Science or Electrical Technology or a related field required. Bachelor's Degree preferred. Equivalent work experience may be substituted. * At least five to six years of related experience in a technical environment. * Knowledge of electrical theory * Good knowledge of trouble/outage management systems * Working knowledge of computer applications and communications equipment * Knowledge of relevant regulations and policies.
* Strong analytical, complex problem solving and successful negotiation skills * Experience with Information/Operations Technology design and implementation * Experience and proactive mind to work as an application developer and capacity to lead discussions with managers and senior technicians within the organization to meet priorities and resolve issues * Experience with Java programming using the NetBeans IDE * Experience with web application development tools like Tomcat 5.5.25 and java 1.5.0_06 versions * Experience with mainstream IT Technologies, such as products from Sun (Oracle and Solaris), IBM, Microsoft, Cisco technologies and products and Open Source products (Linux) * Experience with Oracle 11 Dataguard * Query development of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) using DBLinks * Familiarity with software repository programs * Experience with Real Time systems such as Electric and Gas SCADA and infrastructure subject to regulation * Experience with network, server and desktop hardware and software technologies * Experience with remote access and wireless communications and technologies * Results oriented and proactive
This opportunity will offer AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 833-246-6347 or firstname.lastname@example.org