Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Kailua, Hawaii
Job Code: 26588-150689
Days (rotating weekends)
Click on video to see what is possible at Parallon
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others* Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment* Jump-start your career in our Government Programs department and apply today to be a Patient Benefit Advisor.
We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Parallon, a division of HCA, is an industry-leading provider of patient financial and revenue cycle services to acute care providers across the United States. We are dedicated to our values and passionate about finding future leaders for our fast-growing divisions. Although we are the largest healthcare provider in the world and experts and leaders in revenue cycle services, we maintain a people-first culture and sense of community.
As a Patient Benefit Advisor, you would be responsible for interviewing and assisting uninsured/underinsured patients with eligibility for Medicaid or Social Security Disability.
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Reviews all referred uninsured patients for potential state and federal assistance programs.
* Assists with application process to facilitate possible assistance approval and timely billing.
* Visits with patient in hospital or outside location (i.e., residence, employer, etc.) to finalize documents vital to assistance approval.
* Reviews all inpatient admissions to identify and ensure accurate record of all Medicaid primary and secondary eligible days. If application denied, assists patients with appeals process as needed.
* Reviews daily all certified and denied accounts to ensure the correct IPlan is appended and requests a rebill for a smooth handoff for Medicaid Authorizations.
* Serves as a backup for Financial Counselor position, reviewing in-house patients to ensure insurance coverage information and/or financial situation documented in Meditech is accurate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
* Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
* Customer Orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
* Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
* Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
* PC Skills - demonstrates proficiency in PC applications as required
* Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
* Basic Skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
* Technical skills including:
* Knowledge of state and federal assistance program requirements preferred.
* Experience interacting with local Social Services personnel or departments.
* Knowledge of medical terminology and computer literate.
* Bilingual/Spanish preferred (may be required depending on facility).
* High school diploma or GED required
* Minimum of two years experience interacting with customers and patients regarding financial issues, financial eligibility experience preferred.
* Certified Application Counselor (Affordable Care assistance) -Preferred
At Parallon, every employee is a valued member of our organization. You can expect to receive competitive salary, ongoing professional development, comprehensive benefits package, performance bonuses and more!
Last Edited: 02/10/2019
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.