Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Thornton, Colorado
Under the direction of the Site Director, the Program Aide is responsible for assisting in the delivery of the program. This includes program curriculum, behavior management, safety of program participants and evaluation. The Program Aide, will deliver professional customer service and relationship building skills to create a welcoming environment at the YMCA. The incumbent will also exhibit the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in all aspects of their work with the YMCA.
The Program Aide will: work with other staff members and parents. Help assist with marketing the program; plan curriculum for daily activities, in-service days and holidays; communicate with the Site Director. The delivery of the program must be in accordance with the guidelines, philosophy and purpose of the YMCA of Metropolitan Denver and in compliance with state licensing requirements.
1. Implement a risk management program to ensure the safety and well being of all children at all times.
2. Ensure that all supplies and equipment are well maintained.
3. Implement the YMCA Character Development Program into the daily program.
4. Assist the Program Director/Coordinator with providing effective communication to parents and developing a working relationship with parents.
5. Ensure on-going cleanliness of all facilities used by the program. Take initiative to clean up/repair areas.
6. Assist staff with appropriate interactions with children, including discipline procedures.
7. Act responsibly and be a positive role model for staff, parents and children.
8. Be knowledgeable and supportive of the YMCA annual Strong Kids Campaign.
9. Assume any additional responsibilities as requested by the Site Director.
10. Attend all trainings, staff meetings, in-services without exception.
11. Must follow dress code and hold staff accountable to dress code at all times which includes staff shirts, name badge and closed-toes shoes.
12. Be familiar with the mission statement and core values of the YMCA. Model the core values while working and communicating with other staff members.
13. Follow and enforce all YMCA procedures and policies, including: personnel guidelines, safety guidelines, facility access procedures and membership policies. Carry out emergency plans as necessary.
14. All other duties as assigned.