Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Thornton, Colorado
Under the direction of the Site Director, the Program Leader is responsible for assisting the delivery of the program. This includes behavior management and safety of the program participants. The Program Leader will deliver professional customer service and relationship building skills to create a welcoming environment at the YMCA. The incumbent will also exhibit the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in all aspects of their work with the YMCA. The Program Leader is responsible for adhering to policies and procedures of the YMCA of Metropolitan Denver.
The Program Leader will: administer attendance and other record keeping responsibilities including distribution of information to work with parents and school personnel and/or branch executives; assist with marketing the program; plan curriculum for daily activities, in-service days and holidays; communicate accounts receivable information to parents and ensure that the policy of prepayment for program is adhered to; andadminister other responsibilities delegated by the Site Directorand ensure that the programs meet The Colorado Department of Human Services requirements and YMCA standards.
1. Implement a risk management program to ensure the safety and well being of all children at all times.
2. Ensure that all supplies and equipment are well maintained.
3. Implement the YMCA Character Development Program into the daily program.
4. Assist the Program Director/Coordinator/Site Director with providing effective communication to parents and developing a working relationship with parents.
5. Ensure on-going cleanliness of all facilities used by the program. Take initiative to clean up/repair areas as needed.
6. Assist staff with appropriate interactions with children, including discipline procedures.
7. Act responsibly and be a positive role model for staff, parents and children.
8. Be knowledgeable and supportive of the YMCA annual Strong Kids Campaign.
9. Follow and enforce all YMCA procedures and policies, including: personnel guidelines, safety guidelines, facility access procedures and program policies. Carry out emergency plans as necessary.
10. Assume any additional responsibilities as assigned.
11. Attend all trainings, staff meetings, in-services without exception.
12. Must follow dress code and hold staff accountable to dress code at all times which includes staff shirts, name badge and closed-toes shoes.