Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Thornton, Colorado
The Bus Driver will provide safe transportation to and from program sites while maintaining a supportive and positive atmosphere. Bus Drivers are responsible for conducting themselves in an appropriate manner, setting an example for children, parents and co-workers by reflecting the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
1. Responsible for following and obeying YMCA policies and procedures and all local, state, and federal traffic laws.
2. Responsible for the upkeep cleanliness, and maintenance of the vehicles. Completes thorough before-and-after trip checks each day and record all information. Cleans out bus each day.
3. Records gas level, vehicle inspections, mileage, maintenance, and accidents daily and on designated forms.
4. Takes attendance and ensures all passengers are accounted for prior to and after each trip.
5. Promotes safety at all times. Responsible for the safety & well-being at all times of all passengers.
6. Keeps first aid supplies fully stocked.
7. Ensures that bus rules are announced and followed.
8. Utilizes vehicles for YMCA use only.
9. Develops friendly and positive relationships among staff, volunteers, parents, and children.
10. Communicates regularly with other staff members and supervisor.
11. Follow and enforce all YMCA procedures and policies, including: personnel guidelines, safety guidelines, facility access procedures and membership policies. Carry out emergency plans as necessary.
12. Be dressed in appropriate attire and wear nametag at all times.
13. Attend and remain current on all mandatory trainings and staff meetings.
14. Any other duties as assigned.