Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Thornton, Colorado
Under the direction of the Site Director, the Unit leader is responsible for assisting the delivery of the program. This includes behavior management and safety of the program participants, based on the regulations set by the State of Colorado Licensing and The YMCA of Metropolitan Denver. The Unit Leader will deliver professional engagement of youth and relationship building skills to create a welcoming environment at the YMCA. As well as lead and mentor staff to follow schedules and provide tools for successful youth interaction. Customer service skills are essential for daily discussions with parents. The incumbent will also exhibit the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in all aspects of their work with the YMCA.
The Unit Leader is responsible for planning, supervising and implementing the overall curriculum at his/her designated site program for the school age program and summer day camp. The Unit Leader will: administer attendance and other record keeping responsibilities including distribution of information to parents; supervise site staff; work with parents and school personnel and/or branch executives; assist with marketing the program; plan curriculum for daily activities, in-service days and holidays; communicate accounts receivable information to parents and ensure that the policy of prepayment for program is adhered to; and administer other responsibilities delegated by Program Director and ensure that the programs meet The Colorado Department of Human Services requirements and YMCA standards.
1. Implement a risk management program to ensure the safety and well being of all children at all times.
2. Assist with pre-camp staff training program and on-going in-service training for camp staff.
3. Ensure that weekly activities are planned and implemented and variety exists in all activities, which are age appropriate and provide a well-rounded experience for all children.
4. Develop weekly/monthly highlight sheets with appropriate parent communication and distribute prior to start the week or the month.
5. Maintain accurate documentation related to attendance, medicine, injuries, daily bus logs, log books etc.
6. Ensure that camp/ SACC has appropriate completed paperwork on children, attendance sheets, end of session reports, etc.
7. Ensure that all supplies and equipment are well maintained.
8. Provide day to day supervision of program and related staff.
9. Operate within approved program budget.
10. Implement the YMCA Character Development Program into the daily program.
11. Ensure that all staff is trained & knowledgeable in emergency procedures. Hold emergency fire and tornado drills monthly.
12. Assist the Program Director/Coordinator with providing effective communication to parents and developing a working relationship with parents.
13. Confirm field trips, payment method, and completing field trip sheets for front desks (Contingent on area). Complete bussing spreadsheets, purchase orders and check requests by required deadlines.
14. Assist Regional Program Director and Program Coordinators with weekly scheduling of staff and inform Director of any staff issues.
15. Ensure on-going cleanliness and safety of all facilities used by the program. Take initiative to clean up/repair areas.
16. Assist staff with appropriate interactions with children, including discipline procedures.
17. Act responsibly and be a positive role model for staff, parents and children.
18. Be knowledgeable and supportive of the YMCA annual Strong Kids Campaign.
19. Must hold Current Medication delegation.
20. Maintain monthly communication with Nurse Consultant i.e. kids on Meds.
21. Attend all trainings, staff meetings, in-services without exception.
22. Return voice mail and phone calls within same business day.
23. Responsible for scheduling/communicating with program staff.
24. Must follow dress code and hold staff accountable to dress code at all times which includes staff shirts, name badge and closed-toes shoes.
25. Must go over parent handbook and emergency procedures with program staff.
26. Follow and enforce all YMCA procedures and policies, including: personnel guidelines, safety guidelines, facility access procedures and membership policies. Carry out emergency plans as necessary.
27. Assume any additional responsibilities as assigned.
The Unit Leader will supervise all staff related to the school age site that they are responsible for. Supervision includes evaluation and monitoring of all staff hours, trainings, and personnel files.
*Unit Leader must be in 1-15 ratio and 1-10 ratio for swimming during program hours.