Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Thornton, Colorado
Under the direction of the Regional School Age Program Director, and/or Program Coordinators, the Site Director is responsible for the day to day operations of programming, including program development, staff supervision, facility usage and parent relations by delivering professional customer service and relationship building skills. In doing so, this will create a welcoming environment at the YMCA The Site Director is responsible for operating the SACC/Day Camp Program within the policies and procedures of the YMCA of Metropolitan Denver and will exhibit the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in all aspects of their work with the YMCA of Metropolitan of Denver.
The Site Director is responsible for planning, supervising and implementing the overall curriculum at his/her designated site program for the school age program and summer day camp. The Site Director will: administer attendance and other record keeping responsibilities including distribution of information to parents; supervise site staff; work with parents and school personnel and/or branch executives; assist with marketing the program; plan curriculum for daily activities, in-service days and holidays; communicate accounts receivable information to parents and ensure that the policy of prepayment for program is adhered to; and administer other responsibilities delegated by the Regional School Age Program Directorand ensure that the programs meet The Colorado Department of Human Services requirements and YMCA standards.
1. Implement a risk management program to ensure the safety and well being of all children at all times.
2. Assist with pre-camp staff training program and on-going in-service training for camp and SACC staff.
3. Conduct weekly staff meetings.
4. Ensure that weekly activities are planned and implemented and variety exists in all activities, which are age appropriate and provide a well-rounded experience for all children.
5. Develop weekly/monthly highlight sheets with appropriate parent communication and distribute prior to start the week or the month.
6. Maintain accurate documentation related to attendance, medicine, injuries, daily bus logs, log books etc.
7. Ensure that camp/ SACC has appropriate completed paperwork on children, attendance sheets, end of session reports, etc.
8. Ensure that all supplies and equipment are well maintained.
9. Provide day-to-day supervision of program and related staff.
10. Operate within approved program budget.
11. Implement the YMCA Character Development Program into the daily program.
12. Ensure that all staff are trained & knowledgeable in emergency procedures. Hold emergency fire and tornado drills monthly.
13. Assist the Program Director/Coordinator with providing effective communication to parents and developing a working relationship with parents.
14. Confirm field trips, payment method, and completing field trip sheets for front desks (Contingent on area). Complete bussing spreadsheets, purchase orders and check requests by required deadlines.
15. Assist Regional Program Director and Program Coordinators with weekly scheduling of staff and inform Director of any staff issues.
16. Ensure on-going cleanliness and safety of all facilities used by the program. Take initiative to clean-up/repair areas.
17. Assist staff with appropriate interactions with children, including discipline procedures.
18. Responsible for collection of parent payments by the 15th of the current month, with clear communication with Accounts Receivable department on a weekly basis.
19. Act responsibly and be a positive role model for staff, parents and children.
20. Be knowledgeable and supportive of the YMCA annual Strong Kids Campaign.
21. Provide accurate information about membership and programs.
22. Monthly meetings with School Administration Staff or Branch Executive Director.
23. Must hold Current Medication delegation.
24. Monthly communication with Nurse Consultant i.e. kids on Meds.
25. Attend all trainings, staff meetings, in-services without exception.
26. Return voice mail and phone calls within same business day.
27. Responsible for signing up and sending all support staff to mandatory trainings.
28. Responsible for scheduling/communicating with program staff.
29. Must follow dress code and hold staff accountable to dress code at all times which includes staff shirts, name badge and closed-toes shoes.
30. Must go over parent handbook and emergency procedures with program staff.
31. Follow and enforce all YMCA procedures and policies, including: personnel guidelines, safety guidelines, facility access procedures and membership policies. Carry out emergency plans as necessary.
32. Assume any additional responsibilities as assigned.
The Site Director will supervise all staff related to the school age site that they are responsible for. Supervision includes evaluation and monitoring of all staff hours, trainings, and personnel files. *Site Director must be in 1-15 ratio and 1-10 ratio in water during program hours.