Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: pearl harbor, Hawaii
Sayres and Associates Corporation (Sayres) is a dynamic, Native American-owned, Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that has been providing excellence in service to the Federal Government since 2001. We offer a broad spectrum of security, management, technical and engineering services including Program Administration, Policy Analysis, Counterintelligence Cyber Security, Acquisition Management, Acquisition Logistics, Integrated Product Support, Production Management, Business Financial Management, Systems Engineering, Systems Integration, System Test and Evaluation. Sayres is headquartered in Washington, DC with offices throughout the United States and has a presence abroad.
Our success can be attributed first to a proven track record of performance excellence based on our customer-focused approach to services. We have demonstrated experience effectively managing large contractor teams across multiple functional areas for major programs. Perhaps most importantly, Sayres offers financial stability and organizational maturity comparable to a large company, coupled with the agility of a small business, providing cost effective solutions and best value to our customers.
Awarded the U.S. Small Business Administration, Washington Metropolitan District Office's 8(a) Graduate of the Year for 2017, Sayres and Associates Corporation continues to grow in a highly competitive environment while exceeding customers' expectations and providing a work experience conducive to personal and professional development.
The Afloat Network Engineer, co-located in Pearl Harbor, HI, will be responsible for the following:
* Provide underway end-to-end C4I Systems support on U.S. Navy and Allied ships during the training and operational phases. Travel to C7F, C5F, and/or embarkation in C3F expected. Overtime compensation offered during underway periods.
* Serve as Technical Advisor for Carrier Strike Groups (CSG) and Expeditionary Strike Groups (ESG).
* Support all units within each Strike Group.
* Provide end-to-end technical support for IT systems with special focus on resolving issues involving multiple systems.
* Provide Speed-to-Capability technology insertions and feedback to SPAWAR, PEO C4I, and PEO EIS on all C4I system performance, design, and logistics issues.
* Provide assistance in troubleshooting C4ISR issues and make recommendations concerning issue resolution and system employment and optimization.
* Work with shipboard technicians, staff officers, In Service Engineering Activity (ISEA) and other technicians, installation engineers, Fleet Readiness Directorate staff, and others as required to ensure required end-to-end connectivity to satisfy fleet C4ISR requirements.
* Provide OJT on systems for shipboard and shore technicians. May be required to mentor civilian/government technicians.
* Assist shipboard technicians in preparation of systems for inspections.
This position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major responsibilities and accountabilities performed by the incumbents of this position. The incumbents may be requested to perform position-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
QUALIFICATIONS & CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS
Education, Work Experience, Skills and Clearance Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology (or equivalent technical degree) and three (3) years of technical experience OR a high school diploma or equivalent and seven (7) years of technical experience with Afloat Navy or Marine Corps; C4I required.
* Electronics Technician, Information Systems, Information Technician, or Firecontroman experience preferred.
* Experience working with Consolidated Afloat Network Enterprise System (CANES).
* Certification as IAT2 (per DoD Inst 8750.1 and Navy requirements) with appropriate IA certification.
* Operating systems experience can include Cisco, Unix (Linux/Solaris), and/or Windows 2003, 2008(R2) and Win7.
* Minimum three (3) years of experience with Navy C4I, with experience in some of the following:
* Active Directory, Group Policies, Exchange 2003/2007, ISA/TMG server application, Alcatel Switches 7700/6800, CISCO routers and switches, VMWare, NetApp and/or IBM Storage.
* Familiarity with configuring/troubleshooting servers, Cisco Routers/Switches or Alcatel Switches, Cisco Access Control Lists, TCP/IP, and security protocols.
* Experience with Information Assurance, HBSS, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, and eEYE Retina Scanning tools/ACAS, WSUS.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* TS/SCI eligibility verifiable in JPAS prior to start date.
* Knowledge of Command and Control display systems such as GCCS-M and/or DCGS-N.
* Computing environment certification.
* VMWare and working knowledge of storage technologies including NetApp and IBM storage.
* General experience with RF systems.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
Sayres & Associates https://sayresandassociates.applicantpro.com