2018-5828# of Openings
2018-12-12Area of Interest
An active social life is an essential aspect of life at Elderwood. Our activities leaders conduct enjoyable recreation programs that keep residents energized, engaged and mentally stimulated.Responsibilities
- Assists the Director Activities in planning and carrying out the activity program.
- Approaches residents on assigned unit to plan individual recreational and social activities; reports to Director Activities about response and cooperation of resident.
- Prepares resident information for use by the Director Activities in care planning and documentation; writes progress notes as assigned.
- Assists in developing and maintaining good contact with community resources for the betterment of the activities program.
- Responsible for maintaining departmental inventory of equipment and supplies.
- Maintains attendance records and prepares other reports as required.
- Minimum 18 yrs. age required, HS diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid New York Driver's License and clean driving record required.
- Ability to develop good relationships with staff, volunteers, families and visitors required.
- Ability to inspire and motivate others, create a warm and accepting climate for residents and be able to adapt and modify activities to meet their needs required.
- Understanding of the rights and needs of residents required.
- Physical stamina for constant activity required.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.