Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Job Code: 01269-14722
Nights (rotating weekends)
PARKRIDGE EAST HOSPITAL CHATTANOOGA, TN
REGISTERED NURSE (RN) MOTHER/BABY
Parkridge East Hospital, a facility of Parkridge Health Systems, is a 128-bed full-service, acute care hospital serving the Chattanooga, Tennessee and northwest Georgia area. Well known as a leader in obstetrics, high-risk births and women s services, Parkridge East also specializes in orthopedics, emergency care, inpatient & outpatient surgery and diagnostics. Parkridge East has been serving the community for over 30 years, and is your family s partner in healthcare for every stage of life.
Our facility offers award-winning healthcare for every stage of life, delivered by highly trained professionals. The Birth Place is one of the region's premier women's centers offering the highest quality care and delivery of infants and new mothers. This includes 8 labor delivery rooms, 7 labor/triage rooms, high risk OB with a 22-bed NICU. We offer a full spectrum of services from education classes for pregnant moms to lactation consultation and support after the baby is born. Our neonatal intensive care unit for high- risk newborns provides care for the smallest premature newborn to the ill, full-term baby.
Virtual Tour of Parkridge East Hospital
The Birth Place at Parkridge East Hospital
PARKRIDGE EAST is currently looking for a REGISTERED NURSE (RN) MOTHER/BABY working full time nights (7p-7a) with rotating weekends
* Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs including obtaining patient history and assessing for labor risk factors.
* Carries out physician orders.
* Cares for patients requiring fetal assessment/fetal monitoring.
* Manages the patient's pain including epidural and patient controlled analgesia administration management.
* Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital signs.
* Assists physician during delivery, treatment, examination and surgical procedures.
* Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Instructs and educates patients and families.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
* Current TN licensure as an RN required
* Current BLS required.
* At least 1 year Mother/Baby experience required.
* Graduate of an accredited RN program.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 02/12/2019
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.