Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Job Code: 00039-19Q2ICU
Come and join our STARN RN+ ICU PROGRAM!
The StaRN Plus program is innovatively designed to provide intense specialty training to experienced licensed nurses. The paid 10 week program combines classroom instruction, eLearning, a robust simulation experience and hands on
clinical training. Upon completion, the experienced licensed nurses are equipped with the knowledge and skill set typically found in a more experienced staff nurse.
The next program is anticipated to begin on MAY 6, 2019, and is comprised of didactic training, high definition simulation and a clinical preceptorship.
Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses
The StaRN RN+ ICU program is a 10 week Classroom/Preceptorship program. It allows experienced acute care nurses to obtain ICU nursing experience through an intensive internship program.
Part 1: StaRN Training First 4 Weeks (in Gainesville):
Interactive classroom discussions, case studies, hands on skills training, OR skills days with experienced StaRN clinical instructors
PART 2: STARN CLINICAL PRECEPTORSHIP NEXT 6 WEEKS:
* Conducted at the hospital
* You will be assigned a preceptor specifically for you; to train you and get you acclimated to your role
* Regular development meetings between the resident, their preceptor and their Director
* Customized Coaching/Onboarding report for clinical preceptorship
* Current Florida RN license or Multi-state Compact RN license
* Minimum 1 year Acute care RN exp (HCA internal preferred)
* Program acceptance requires a two (2) year, full-time commitment to the hospital. If a nurse chooses to leave the facility before the 2 year commitment is fulfilled, they may be required to meet a monetary responsibility.
* Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
* ATTENDANCE IS IMPERATIVE THROUGHOUT THE STARN TRAINING PROGRAM
North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered around the community hospital in Gainesville, Florida NORTH FLORIDA REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER (NFRMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment, senior care, women's health and wound therapy, among other services. A proven leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission, is an accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue Distinction (tm) Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery, and earned a position in Truven Health's Top 100 Hospitals in 2017. North Florida Regional Medical Center is a member of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). Based in Nashville, Tennessee, HCA is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 177 hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and Great Britain.
HCA North Florida has partnered with HealthTrust Workforce Solutions, a subsidiary of the parent company, HCA - Hospital Corporation of America, offering a range of business and operational solutions, to offer StaRN: Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses a unique educational opportunity to meet a critical need for nurses in Florida and put new graduate RN s to work!
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D.
Keywords: new grad, residency, registered nurse, RN, ICU
Last Edited: 02/12/2019