Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Lone Tree, Colorado
Job Code: 08936-74513
SKY RIDGE MEDICAL CENTER LONE TREE, CO
SKY RIDGE MEDICAL CENTER, level II trauma , part of HCA s HealthONE, Sky Ridge is a 286 bed hospital, located on the corner of I-25 and Lincoln Ave in Lone Tree, Colorado. Our patient centered program, which include everything from our adult and pediatric ERs and comprehensive Cancer Center to a focus on pregnancy and childbirth in our Birth Place as well as specialized acre in our Spine and Total Joint Center and Women s Hospital..
SKY RIDGE MEDICAL CENTER offers patients the highest quality care and the most advanced technologies and treatments in nearly every medical specialty.
SKY RIDGE MEDICAL CENTER IS NOW LOOKING FOR A RESPIRATORY THERAPIST
* Performs assessment and therapeutic modalities for infant, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients as ordered or directed by a physician.
* Monitors environmental control systems, patients on mechanical ventilation, Bipap, CPAP, and various oxygen support systems.
* Responsible for maintaining secure and patent patient airway to include performing nasal, nasotracheal, endotracheal and oral suctioning, Pulmonary function testing, blood gas analysis, nebulized medication therapy, chest physiotherapy, and oxygen therapy delivery in various modalities.
* Also performs EKGs. Recognizes life threatening situations and initiates appropriate response. Provides Bag/value/mask ventilation, and other accepted treatments to maintain a patent airway. Recognizes medical problems and reports/documents problems to physician in a timely manner.
* Administers diagnostic testing procedures to determine the extent of patient s impairment and appropriateness of treatment and ventilation parameters. In addition to the performance of all routine respiratory procedures, the Respiratory Practitioner will be responsible for special procedures, within his/her scope of practice, maintaining and improving clinical competence, practicing universal precautions, maintaining and cleaning equipment, and performing other duties as deemed necessary.
* Understands pharmacological indications, dosages and response to adverse drug reactions. Provides education to patients, families, physician, nursing and other members of the health care team.
* Respiratory Therapist is responsible for developing and maintaining physician and hospital staff relations and patient satisfaction to be monitored by the Director/Manager and /or Clinical Coordinator) through mutually agreed upon goals. Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
* Embrace and consistently demonstrate Sky Ridge Medical Center Standards of Behavior, encompassing both patients and employees.
* Current Colorado Respiratory License
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support(within 6 months of hire)
* NRP (within 6 months of hire)
* NBRC Certification, possession of RRT, credential
* Current BLS Certification with the American Heart Association.
* BLS, ACLS, PALS and NRP must be American Heart
* High School diploma or GED
* Two years recent Acute Care Experience
Last Edited: 02/05/2019
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.