Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Frisco, Texas
Job Code: 26790-109678
Days (rotating weekends)
Work Schedule: 2:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. M-F, rotating call
Location: Medical City Frisco
Medical City Frisco, a campus of Medical City Plano, is a world-class, 54-bed acute care hospital that offers a range of services including adult and pediatric surgery, orthopedics, robotic-assisted laparoscopic surgery, imaging and emergency services. Medical City Frisco is a green facility, silver LEED certified for environmental and energy efficiency.
Surgical Technologist Job Summary:
Provides direct and indirect nursing services to the surgical patient under the supervision of the professional nurse, and performs tasks necessary to the functioning of the Surgical Services Unit according to the standards and policies of Operating Room care.
Surgical Technologist Job Responsibilities:
* Performs necessary technical skills in a scrub role requiring aseptic technique as delineated through standards of Operating Room care.
* Documents accurately on all records, as indicated by policy.
* Attendance and being on time, ready to work your scheduled hours is an essential job function.
* Prepares the operating room for surgical procedures.
* Ensures surgical equipment is functioning properly and safely.
* Anticipates the needs of the surgical team based on knowledge of human anatomy and pathophysiology and how they relate to the surgical patient and the procedure being performed.
Surgical Technologist Job Requirements:
* Graduate of an accredited educational program for Surgical Technologist and current CST OR completion of an appropriate training program for Surgical Technology in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard of the United States or in the United States Public Health Service OR employed to practice Surgical Technology in a healthcare facility prior to September 1, 2009 required.
* Minimum 1 year operating room experience preferred.
Last Edited: 02/12/2019
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.