Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Newington, Connecticut
GKN Aerospace is the world s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
GKN Aerospace Engine Systems are deploying Teamcenter at sites in US and Mexico. To support our users we are hiring a Teamcenter administrator, willing to work in an environment where you will support users in our North American region but also collaborate with IT teams in a global context. Good interpersonal skills, customer focus and experience in administering Teamcenter solutions are key assets to succeed in this role.
* Provide application support for Teamcenter, NX, and surrounding integrations
* Collaborate with the PLM development team to support deploying new releases of Teamcenter and NX at server and client levels.
* Administer Teamcenter and NX data exchange solutions
* Collaborate with subject matter experts to transfer business need to solutions.
* Support acceptance testing for customizations and application releases for American region.
* Support users located at various sites across United States, Mexico and India.
* Coordinate the resolution of product issues with software vendors.
* Ensure that problems are properly captured and solutions provided in a timely manner.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science OR in lieu of degree, 5 years of Teamcenter experience.
* 2 years of experience managing and administering Siemens Teamcenter.
* Must be a US Citizen. Must comply with ITAR regulations and site SSA requirements.
* GKN Experience
* Understanding of installation, configuration, and patching of Teamcenter server and client components, data model (BMIDE) updates, and additional integrations.
* Experience in Active Workspace and Weblogic administration is an asset.
* Ability to troubleshoot issues and provide solutions or workarounds with limited sets of data.
* Ability to create and keep necessary documentation up to date.
* Ability to work both in teams and independently.
* Ability to understand customer need and transfer into solutions.
* Good people skills and dedicated to deliver customer service
* Excellent communicator and prefer keeping everyone in the loop.
* Analytical and logical mind-set with attention to details.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.