Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Newington, Connecticut
GKN Aerospace is the world s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
What you ll do
Based in the Newington, CT facility, the Director of Human Resources & HSE position will contribute to and lead the execution of Human Resources and Environmental, Health and Safety strategies and tactics to support the needs of the senior leaders and workforce of the multi-site Aerospace Engine Systems East group. This position reports directly the General Manager of the AES East Newington, CT facility and manages a team of HR/HSE professionals.
- Provide strategic HR leadership and consultation focused on creating innovative HR strategies to anticipate and assess emerging business, organization or people trends and identify and implement the appropriate solutions.
- Proactively assess business and organizational performance to recommend and drive action through a consultative approach.
- Design and execute strategies to increase organization, team and individual performance to improve the businesses capabilities to deliver against its goals.
- Coach business leaders on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, learning and development and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development; collaborate with team and HR Business Partners to execute human resources strategies.
- Execute the Talent Management process to identify current and forecasted talent needs, develop action plans to mitigate associated risk and improve confidence in future successor readiness to enable business objectives.
- Assess employee training and development needs based on business strategy in order to help close gaps between current and future skill set needs, as well as provide training and facilitation resources to customer groups as needed.
- Manage the pay for performance program including annual merit increase, bonus, and promotions and out of cycle requests.
- Analyzes trends and metrics, collaborates with HR Business Partners to develop solutions, make recommendations and develop programs.
- Drive HR company-wide initiatives, resulting in a seamless point of contact to the broader HR organization and ensuring successful integration of functional partner initiatives and expertise.
- Partner with Plant Managers to establish facility goals, monitor program effectiveness, provide data and/or progress reports to management, and develop/manage corrective actions for the facility as well as manage facility regulatory and internal inspections/audits and manage corrective action plans.
- Identify key regulatory requirements and develop/implement facility compliance strategies and manage all HSE management systems and programs.
- Ensure necessary trainings are conducted (regulatory, systems, etc.) for facility management and workforce.
- Collaborate with team and HSE Professionals to execute HSE strategies to enable business objectives and support future business growth.
- Responsible for maintaining necessary records for compliance with permits and preparing and submitting appropriate environmental, health and safety reports.
- Assist leadership of environmental and OSHA regulatory inspections.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, or related field, required.
- 12+ years' experience in human resources, including in a manufacturing environment, required.
- Direct and/or project team leadership experience required.
- Knowledge and/or experience of/with HSE (Health, Safety & Environmental) industry practices required.
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations.
- Experience in a facility-related role in the aerospace industry preferred.
- Experience working in a matrix organization structure, with multi-site responsibilities preferred.
- Professional certifications in HR and/or HSE preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and partner within a diverse organization to help drive business results and interact comfortably at all level in the organization.
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.