Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Thornton, Colorado
Avaya enables the mission critical, real-time communication applications of the world's most important operations. As a global leader in delivering superior communications experiences, Avaya provides the most complete portfolio of software and services for contact center and unified communications-- offered on-premises, in the cloud, or a hybrid. Today's digital world requires communications enablement, and no other company is better positioned to do this than Avaya. For more information, please visit www.avaya.com.
About the Solutions & Technology Business
The Solutions & Technology organization of Avaya is the company's global team responsible for the new innovation, development of Avaya's contact center, unified communications and collaboration products and services. We are a team of innovators in every aspect of what we do and count among us the best engineers, developers, researchers and product leaders in the world of communications technology. We are excited about how the world is technologically evolving and strive to lead new revolutions in how businesses communicate via cloud, artificial intelligence, automation and mobility. Avaya's Solutions & Technology is seeking the best and the brightest to help transform how the world connects. New recruits will be responsible for building and bringing innovation to market, in a customer-driven, high accountability, high trust environment.
Avaya is looking for experienced developer, who will be an integral member of the platform team. The team's responsibility includes prototyping, designing, developing and supporting a highly scalable container orchestration solution based on Docker and Kubernetes.
Individual and team responsibilities will include:
* Defining, implementing, and testing platform to support microservices.
* Designing, implementing, and testing robust, backward compatible microservices.
* Producing quality work within aggressive timeframes.
* Create Proofs of Concept to rapidly prototype new technologies.
* Working with developers on other teams to guide their design and implementation.
* A minimum of 5 years work related experience.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or closely related field
* Strong experience in Docker and Kubernetes.
* Knowledge of microservice architectures
* Experience in designing secure REST APIs
* Knowledge of technologies such as JSON, XML, HTTP, Websockets
* Experience in VMware.
* Experience in Linux
* Experience in Java
* Excellent communication skills both with development teams and executives
* Ability to work effectively in a team across various regions of the world
* Good problem-solving abilities
* Passion to excel!
* OAuth 2.0 knowledge
* Hands-on experience with cloud compute providers such as AWS and GCE
* Full mesh technologies such as Istio and Linkerd
* Spring, Springboot
* Kafka, RabbitMQ
* API Gateways
* AI Knowledge
Avaya is an Equal Opportunity employer and a U.S. Federal Contractor. Our commitment to equality is a core value of Avaya. All qualified applicants and employees receive equal treatment without consideration for race, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other protected characteristic. In general, positions at Avaya require the ability to communicate and use office technology effectively. Physical requirements may vary by assigned work location. This job brief/description is subject to change. Nothing in this job description restricts Avaya right to alter the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time for any reason. *li-post
Avaya is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Commitment to equal opportunity is an investment in our people and our future growth.