Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Thornton, Colorado
Job Code: 00255945
Job Family: Services
Job Function: Services Engineering
An individual contributor who provides technical leadership in software and hardware systems, operating systems, networking and applications for customers, field service teams and business partners. Develops and utilizes remote isolation, diagnostic, and resolution tools. Documents and resolves highly complex end-user implementation, configuration, migration, and operational issues on all supported applications. Plans and leads engineering programs and acts independently to uncover and resolve issues associated with the development and implementation of operational programs. Possesses an industry view to ensure new customers are onboarded properly. Acts as a mentor to lower levels within the organization. Decisions can impact business goals. Works with minimal direction when providing solutions to a diverse range of complex issues.
The Avaya Cloud Solution Support Architect (CSSA) is a senior level support architecture role. The candidate will help deploy, integrate, and maintain Avaya Aura Solutions in private cloud hosted platforms. The CSSA partners with internal teams to provide technical leadership in the transformation of traditional UC and CC technology to hosted private cloud. The architect will provide technical leadership, ensuring all cloud solutions and architecture adhere to industry best-practices for scalability, usability, performance, security, and serviceability. This role also oversees the implementation and integration of Avaya Aura UC and CC systems for cloud-based infrastructure. The CSSA will work with existing teams to ensure proper lifecycle management of applications. Integration of these platforms with a customer self-service web portal, managed services platforms, reporting infrastructures, along with existing business processes are key deliverables of the CSSA role.
The role will provide top tier solution support in escalations in customer production including managing the technical progression of complex issues and escalation management.
* Develops strategic plans for cloud-based Avaya solutions, including: transition strategies, risk assessment, and roadmapping.
* Designs, deploys and oversees integration of Avaya solutions for cloud-based implementation. This includes both migrating on premise applications to cloud infrastructure as well as maintaining applications already in cloud infrastructure.
* Partners with internal stakeholders to identify the impact of architecture and design choices on attributes like scalability, performance, availability and security. Identifies gaps, strategic impacts, financial impacts and the risk in the technical solution or offering and provides technical support.
* Troubleshoots complex technical issues for cloud-based solutions. Identifies and mitigates risks on projects.
* Help develop documentation, and dissemination of processes related vendor relationship management, tracking, troubleshooting and reporting for cloud-based solutions.
* Will assist in developing reporting mechanisms that track and monitors compliance of negotiated contract SLA's and SLO's on an ongoing basis and provides ad hoc reporting as required.
* Provides technical leadership and participates within teams as needed for support of cloud-based initiatives
* Provides technical documentation for the purposes of integrating the cloud hosted Avaya solution into existing change management and release management workflows
* Helps in the creation of automation practices where applicable to drive efficiencies in deployment, monitoring, and maintenance of the solutions.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology related field required. Masters Degree Preferred.
* AWS Certified Solutions Architect, VCP7-CMA, or other Cloud segment certifications desired.
Avaya Aura professional certifications desired
* 7+ years of experience in system design, implementation, and maintenance for Avaya Aura applications in large enterprise.
* 3+ years of experience in defining solutions architecture for cloud-based systems
* Prior experience architecting and migrating existing on premise applications to cloud infrastructure.
* Experience with integration and deployment of Linux particularly Red Hat based software application solutions in a cloud-based environment.
* Experience with Microsoft server, active directory domain controllers, DNS & DHCP, and supporting LAN and WAN transport extremely valuable
* Experience with SIP trunking, and SIP device access including SBC, and related security components and mechanisms is extremely valuable
* knowledge of web development/architecture trends, including REST, Web Services, API's, and MS SQL Server development.
* Leadership initiative to drive the execution of a technical architecture strategy.
* Excellent troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively with various stakeholders including technical, non-technical and executive leadership
Avaya is an Equal Opportunity employer and a U.S. Federal Contractor. Our commitment to equality is a core value of Avaya. All qualified applicants and employees receive equal treatment without consideration for race, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other protected characteristic. In general, positions at Avaya require the ability to communicate and use office technology effectively. Physical requirements may vary by assigned work location. This job brief/description is subject to change. Nothing in this job description restricts Avaya right to alter the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time for any reason.
Avaya is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Commitment to equal opportunity is an investment in our people and our future growth.