Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: binghamton, New York
News Sales Manager - Ad Sales
Spectrum Reach is seeking a dynamic News Sales Manager for our New York State media region. Position can be based in any of our local offices as long as you can travel to all of the locations as needed. Territory will include: Albany, Syracuse / CNY, Rochester and Buffalo, NY.
Spectrum Reach (www.spectrumreach.com) grows businesses of all sizes with custom, multiscreen advertising solutions, backed by the power of TV, data, innovation, community experts, and unforgettable creative.
Essential Job Functions:
This position will report directly to the Director of News Sales, working in a highly collaborative environment with the Spectrum Reach News team.
This position is responsible for developing News sales for Spectrum News Networks across the Media footprint. The News Sales Manager will work directly with the Local market Account Executives and Sales Managers developing account sales strategies and custom packaging opportunities designed to generate revenue for Spectrum News Networks across the market DMA as well as its related news and digital products.
The News Sales Manager (NSM) is ultimately responsible for revenue generation and tracking of actual results; with the overall goal of achieving and exceeding revenue expectations in the DMA by elevating the overall brand value of Spectrum News Networks and its related products.
At least 50% of the NSM s time will be spent with Advertising Account Executives on client calls, providing in-field coaching and/or working individually with AEs on solutions for clients. This position is the first line of contact for AEs and Managers who need assistance with Spectrum News Networks and its related online products. The position requires a comprehensive understanding of Spectrum Reach's resources and how best to activate them in order to meet client expectations.
Top candidates will have a proven track record for creative problem solving in order to achieve goals and engage a diverse team of media and online sales professionals.
Essential Job Requirements:
* Generate revenue for the company through increased shares of existing business, the addition of new business and the integration of advanced media platforms with the core news products.
* Oversee sales efforts throughout the DMA area
* Develop and oversee all sponsorship and entitlement programs as well as maintain renewal windows for all sponsorships.
* Effectively communicate with all internal stakeholders, including VP s of Sales, Sales Managers, Director of Sales, Account Executives, Advanced Advertising Sales, News Channel GM s and staff, Marketing etc.
* Develop and execute special projects and promotions.
* Accurately forecast revenue throughout year; meet and exceed quarterly and annual revenue budgets.
* Ability to build strong relationships with agencies and clients through an integrated approach with AE s. Strong verbal/written communication skills are essential.
* Develop and foster relationships with clients and community leaders and represent Spectrum News Networks at functions
* Demonstrate knowledge of the local markets and respond effectively.
* Provide information to all sales channels on programming and highlights of Spectrum News Networks.
* Work with Account Executives to develop special programs for Key and Target accounts.
* Cross market functionality with other Spectrum News markets.
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Minimum of three years of media sales management experience.
* Experience with quantitative and qualitative research.
* Must have a proven track record of accomplishments, sound business decision making, goal achievement and successful motivation and engagement of a diverse team of sellers and managers.
* Effective working knowledge of cable and internet advertising.
* Strong understanding of Local News positioning and competitive news products in the market.
* Enthusiasm, creativity, accountability and a strong background in agency business and new business development are a must.
* Team player, an excellent problem-solver, and have the ability to develop, maintain, and grow client, Manager and AE relationships.
* Computer literate, with a knowledge of media sales software systems, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
* Strong math and analytical skills.
Bachelor s Business Degree (B.B.A.) or equivalent degree in a field of general business or marketing studies including media sales, marketing management, brand management, sales promotions, radio/ television/ communications, etc.; or minimum 5 + years related sales or marketing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.