Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Newington, Connecticut
CNC Turning Machinist
We are looking for an experienced person who will be responsible for setting up and operating numerically controlled Horizontal or Vertical lathes to perform difficult machining operations on parts that are 10 to 54 or 60 to 120 inches in diameter; such as turning, boring, drilling, facing of castings, forgings, and in-process production with jet engine components for aerospace industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Must be able to read process sheets, blueprints and sketches of parts to determine machining to be done, dimensional specifications, set up, and operating requirements.
* Install and preset tooling to align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments accessories, and material on machines
* May set tools before positioning them in lathe, using precision gauges and instruments.
* Set up and operate another machine tool during automatically controlled machining cycles.
* Depresses buttons, toggles, or sets tape and starts machining operation.
* Observes numerical displays on control panel and compares with data on process sheet to verify dimensional adjustments, feed rates, and speeds of machining cuts.
* Inspects first-run piece and spot-checks succeeding pieces for conformance to specifications, using micrometers, swing gauges and precision dial gauges.
* Studies job packet and organizes materials for next run during automatically controlled cycles to shorten changeover time.
* Documents the required in-process inspection dimensions
* Inspects and measures parts to maintain statistical process control charts.
* May machine non-metallic materials.
* Must have a High School Diploma or GED or equivalent work experience
* Must have 2 to 4 years of trade school, vocational education, work experience and/or apprenticeship.
* Must have specialized experience with particular material, product, level of precision, machining process, or size, type or trade name of lathe.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
EDAC Technologies Corporation, is an equal opportunity employer. We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity or Expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.