Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Plainfield, Illinois
Plainfield, IN USA
The warehouse associate is responsible for moving materials within the warehouse and the loading/unloading of materials onto or from vehicles utilizing a forklift, reach truck, order picker or other heavy material handling equipment.
The warehouse associate can be responsible for receiving, storing, picking, packing, verification, shipping/manifesting and other various duties as assigned to ensure the full and efficient operation of the Distribution Center.
Your tasks and responsibilities
* Use material handling (MH) equipment to unload incoming materials from trailers.
* Verify and receive materials into inventory
* Marks and inventories packages for storage or transit
* May also include palletizing and shrink-wrap.
* Duties may include receiving, checking and storing
* May be required to stack pallets and repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds
* Use MH Equipment to move and store materials within the warehouse
* Use MH Equipment to pick, verify and pack orders according to standard practice
* Use MH Equipment or other designated means to load goods into trailers or other designated transport vehicles for distribution
* Works from pick sheet to pull product or supplies.
* May be required to cycle count inventory
* Check orders against pull sheets.
*"Dangerous Goods": when receiving dangerous goods, the necessary procedures must be followed and these shipments must be stored in the designated section of the warehouse.
* If/when applicable, 'bonded' cargo must be processed and handled accordingly, based on existing guidelines for this type of shipment
* Maintain warehouse clean and free of debris at all times
* Adhere to local, State, and Federal regulations inclusive, but not limited, to OSHA, DOT, EPA and other government agencies. Certification required to handle any hazardous material(s)
Your skills and experience
* Minimum Education: High School or Technical degree
* Ideal candidates will have prior experience in warehouse or manufacturing environment
* Proven basic math skills at the high school level
* Ability to establish priorities and accomplish multiple tasks with minimal supervision
* Computer skills
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Good reasons to join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Kuehne + Nagel Inc - New York - Head Office
10 Exchange Place
Jersey City, NJ 07302-3920
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 79,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com