Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Newington, Connecticut
We are looking for a Zoller Operator for their Newington, CT division. This person will be responsible for setting up cutting tools for IBR five axis milling machines to perform difficult machining operations for IBRs that are 15 to 54 inches.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Reads process sheets, blueprints and sketches of part to determine machining to be done, dimensional specifications, set up, and operating requirements.
* Installs and preset tooling in tool posts, in sequence specified on process sheet.
* Depresses buttons, toggles and starts machining operation.
* Observes numerical displays on control panel and compares with data on process sheet to verify dimensional adjustments.
* Inspects first-run piece and spot-checks succeeding pieces for conformance to specifications, using micrometers and precision dial gauges.
* Studies job packet and organizes materials for next run during automatically controlled cycles to shorten changeover time.
* Documents the in-process inspection procedures
* Inspects and measures parts to maintain statistical process control charts.
* May set up and operate another machine tool during automatically controlled machining cycles.
* May machine non-metallic materials.
* Other tasks in operating other pieces of equipment within the IBR cell.
* Must be able to follow standard work processes and work as part of a dynamic team to achieve metrics and contribute to the continuous improvement of the cell.
* Must have specialized experience with manufacturing practices, particular material, product, precision level, machining process, or size, type or trade name machines.
* High School Diploma or GED or equivalent work experience preferred
* 2 years of trade school, vocational education, work experience and/or apprenticeship preferred.
EDAC Technologies Corporation, is an equal opportunity employer. We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity or Expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.