Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Palm City, Florida
What we offer
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) works under the supervision of a licensed physical therapist to assist with a patient's treatment program in accordance with federal guidelines and state practice acts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Collects assessment data as part of evaluation process as directed by the supervising Physical Therapist (when allowed by state practice act).
• Provides direct treatment to residents as directed by and according to the plan of care outlined by the supervising Physical Therapist.
• Documents resident progress towards meeting established goals.
• Teaches exercises to residents, family members, and caregivers and may provide instruction in the use and care for orthotic, prosthetic devices, and other assisting apparatus.
• Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
• Associate Degree from an APTA accredited program
• Licensed as Physical Therapist Assistant
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee will occasionally assist to lift and / or transfer patients weighing between 100 to 250 pounds. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Participates in (or conducts) company-sponsored training to safeguard against improper use and disclosure of resident’s protected health information. Monitors and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and state and federal law. Agrees to adhere to and oversee communication of privacy guidelines relative to the confidentiality of residents' protected health information.
To apply, please email: email@example.com
See job description