Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Palm City, Florida
Director of Nursing RN
Palm City, FL
Palm City Nursing & Rehab Center is currently looking for a RN to fill an opening with a company located at 2505 SW Martin Hwy, Palm City, FL 34990. Interested candidates should hold a valid state licensure as a RN. One to three (1-3) years of management or supervisory experience in long-term care, acute care, restorative or geriatric nursing preferred.
What we Offer
Compensation package commensurate with experience and results
Medical, dental, vision, life and AD&D benefits
Paid vacations and holidays
A great potential to grow with the company
Fast paced, exciting environment
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Plans, coordinates and manages the nursing department. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of nursing care and services provided to the residents. Ensures quality care that is consistent with company and regulatory standards. May be designated to assume responsibilities of daily operations of the facility in the Administrator’s absence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Ensures nursing staff is providing quality and appropriate resident / patient care that meets or exceeds company and regulatory standards.
• Assists in the preparation of annual budget for facility. Monitors monthly performance of nursing services in relation to budget and intervenes as needed.
• Schedules and performs resident / patient rounds to monitor and evaluate the quality and appropriateness of nursing care.
• Maintains administrative authority, responsibility and accountability for the proper charting and documentation of care and of medications and treatments.
• Recruits, hires, provides orientation/training, and retains a sufficient number of qualified staff to carry out nursing programs and services. Ensures employee performance meets or exceeds expectations and periodic performance appraisals are conducted on a timely basis.
• Develops and implements the written staffing plan and nursing schedule that reflects the needs of the resident and resident population.
• Ensures all required records are maintained and submitted, as appropriate, in an accurate and timely manner.
• Evaluates current and potential residents and patients to ensure facility can provide appropriate level of care.
• Evaluates market studies and develops clinical programs to meet the needs of the community.
• Maintains regular and ongoing communication with facility Medical Director ensuring programs and care services meet the needs of patients / residents.
• Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
• Manages clinical aspects of state or federal government survey processes.
• Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
• Valid State licensure as an RN (job code 7069).
• One to three (1-3) years of management or supervisory experience in long-term care, acute care, restorative or geriatric nursing preferred.
• Proficient in the use of personal computer.
Supervises nursing staff and others for whom they are administratively or professionally responsible.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
May be required to respond to critical issues on a 24/7 basis. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions for the position.
Participates in (or conducts) company-sponsored training to safeguard against improper use and disclosure of resident’s protected health information. Monitors and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and state and federal law.
To apply, please email: email@example.com
See job description