Sr Cost Accountant Innovate high-purity, high-performance chemicals and materials
Challenge yourself with a leader in innovation, safety, diversity and professional excellence as a Senior Cost Accountant.
Honeywell International is a Fortune 100 company with $42B in sales in 2018, Honeywell creates solutions that improve quality of life for people around the globe - generating clean, healthy energy, and using it more efficiently; increasing our safety and security; enabling people to connect, communicate, and collaborate; and equipping our customers to be even more productive.
• Perform forecasting, cost analysis, standard labor/overhead rate development and variance analysis
• Carry out month-end close activities related to plant accounting
• Maintain production BOMs; perform periodic cost rolls/updates
• Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation
• Identify potential for process improvements and coordinate efforts for their implementation
Skills & Behaviors:
• Leadership - ability to lead and influence diverse, cross-functional teams
• Business acumen - ability to help plant leadership teams create business objectives and then translate these into site and finance function specific goals and programs. Ability to understand business activities with a view broader than just the finance function
• People - ability to interact effectively with all levels of the PMT business
• Presentation - strong verbal and written communication skills
• Agility - ability to manage multiple, critical projects simultaneously and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment 25 25 25 25 YOU MUST HAVE:
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or other related business field
• Hands-on ERP experience with SAP experience or other Tier 1 ERP system
• 3 plus years of directly related accounting or financial analysis experience
• Excellent analytical skills; strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• CPA or MBA
• Chemical plant or other process industry experience
• Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, business processes, business theory and principles Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status. Performance Materials and Technologies INCLUDES
Some Travel Required
Job ID: HRD58793
Location: Ontario & Lupine Streets, Baton Rouge, LA 70821-2830 USA
Due to US export control laws, must be a US citizen, permanent resident or have protected status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.