Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Pampa, Texas
The Senior Environmental Specialist coordinates with and provides support to Field Operations teams, Engineering, Regulatory, and Construction personnel to ensure compliance with all environmental requirements and programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The essential job duties for this position are listed below:
Coordinate and provide technical support to Field Operations teams, engineering, regulatory and construction personnel. * Manage regional program to ensure operations compliance with applicable environmental regulations, permits, authorizations and agreements.
* Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of environmental reports to various environmental agencies.
* Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of environmentally related permit applications.
* Represent Company in verbal and written interaction with federal, state and local environmental agencies as well as in industry meetings and public hearings.
* Maintain a proficient knowledge of current federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations that impact natural gas transmission operations.
* Interpret regulations and provide training to company personnel to ensure compliance with all the above requirements.
* Assist in preparation and implementation of operating and capital budgets.
* Develop environmental scopes of work, manage records, train and conduct audits of operations and construction activities.
* Write and review environmental procedures.
* Review, comment and communicate new environmental legislation and regulations.
* Required to safely operate a company vehicle.
Bachelor Degree in Applied Science, Engineering, or other equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in environmental compliance * Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Familiar with Environmental and Regulatory permitting with local, state and federal government agencies for gas and liquid midstream/crude facilities. * Exceptional administrative skills.
Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Organized and able to manage multiple activities and programs timely and with a high degree of accuracy. * Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Computer savvy, Microsoft Office Suite consisting of Word, Excel, Project PowerPoint, as well as Adobe, Google Earth and/or GIS. * Valid driver s license.
Interpersonal skills - high degree of interaction with a variety of groups from field construction personnel, vendors and internal personnel (engineering, operations, management), team-oriented and self-directed. Has the ability to be proactive rather than reactive. * HAZWOPER and ICS training preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Lifting up to 50 lbs. occasionally
Driving, walking, and standing frequently
Exposure to adverse weather, cramped conditions and some heavy lifting
Visits to industrial/manufacturing settings, which may include exposure to various materials and chemicals, as well as extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require appropriate personal protective equipment
Must be willing to travel to/from off-site facilities for multiple days per trip.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DISABILITY/VET
DISCLAIMER: The above statements, which are subject to change, are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the assigned position.