at Georgia Pacific
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Quanah, Texas
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
PROJECT ENGINEER - Quanah, TX
Georgia-Pacific in Quanah, TX is seeking a dynamic and experienced Project Engineer for the Gypsum operation.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
What You Will Need:
- Execute capital projects and maintenance expense projects.
- Develop and own the project budget or Venture Summary process
- Develop project scope with input from other engineers, production, and maintenance staff
- Review contractor deliverables, quality and resolve technical issues during scope development, design, and construction
- Ensure projects are executed in legal, safe, and environmentally responsible manner
- Monitor systems to measure and control project progress against schedule and cost
- Ensure contractor alignment with the company safety processes and risk tolerance
- Familiarity with performance measures and maintenance requirements of equipment
- Participate as a member of the Plant Leadership Team with the goal of maximizing plant performance
- Development of projects from conceptional state to completion
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in project development and execution.
- Familiarity with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Good working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Must be able and willing to work in an industrial manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, dusty, non-air conditioned or unheated areas.
- Must be able and willing to work safely, including wearing and using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Able to travel up to 10% for training.
- Project management experience in the Gypsum industry
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in planning and scheduling plant outages
- Experience with practical application of PSM requirements, including Management of Change, and Pre-Startup Safety Review
- Proficient in the use of a Computer Aided Design (CAD) application.
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf