Posted in Other 25 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia
All jobs Buyer/Purchasing Agent/Contract administrator
BUYER/PURCHASING AGENT/CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR
Morgantown, West Virginia, United States * LM * 1934
Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for a Buyer/Purchasing Agent/Contract Administrator in Morgantown, WV.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro s success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
Solicit proposals/quotes for a variety of commodities and services, including construction. Evaluate prices received in response thereto and make awards based on lowest price/lowest priced technically acceptable proposals/best value using purchase orders or subcontracts. Includes review of Statements of Work/Specifications; preparation of solicitation documents; and preparation of purchase orders using a purchasing software package.
* Bachelor's Degree Major Finance/Accounting/Logistics/Business
* Greater than 8 years of relevant experience.
* Experience purchasing information technology software and hardware.
* Experience purchasing commodities and services (some construction purchasing desired).
* Knowledge of Contract Law.
* Knowledge of basic techniques of evaluating pricing data.
* Good communication skills, written & verbal. Should type 50wpm on a keyboard.
* Software skills: Excel, Word, a purchasing system of some sort
* Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
* Knowledge and experience of construction contracting, IT equipment/supplies purchasing. Federal Acquisition Regulation.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
* Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
* Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
* Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
* Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
* Short Term & Long Term Disability
Apply for this job