Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Stockbridge, Georgia
Stockbridge, GA USA
The Warehouse Supervisor has general responsibility for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities on a daily basis. Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for supervising the receiving, warehousing and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
Your tasks and responsibilities
* Supervise and coordinate unloading of inbound shipments.
* Orderly stacking of product.
* Picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of productivity.
* Verify required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers, ensuring that all product is properly counted.
* Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
* Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment.
* Ensure that the work schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
* Maintain product locator system. Ensure the optimal utilization of space through warehouse consolidation.
* Rotate product as appropriate.
* Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
* Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
* Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
* Conduct operations in accordance with OSHA an MSDS standards.
* Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
* Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conducting physical inventories.
* Must be familiar with international shipping and documentation
Your skills and experience
* Must have three (3) years experience in a warehouse environment, one (1) in a supervisory role
* Experience with shipping, receiving and inventory control
* Successful communication - written and verbal * Establish priorities and multi-task
* Possess professional business demeanor
* Experience with personal computers and materials handling equipment
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Good reasons to join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Kuehne + Nagel Inc - New York - Head Office
10 Exchange Place
Jersey City, NJ 07302-3920
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com