Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Port Saint Lucie, Florida
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Mental Health Tech, Behavioral Health Dept., PRN
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL
St. Lucie Medical Center is a 229-bed acute care facility accredited by The Joint Commission and designated a Top Performing Hospital. Since 1983, SLMC has continually provided quality care to the Treasure Coast community. The combined efforts of more than 350 skilled physicians and more than 800 dedicated employees have resulted in one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in Port St. Lucie. St. Lucie Medical Center offers a full range of services that include a birthing center, cardiac catheterization lab, cancer care, minimally-invasive techniques, digital mammography, general and vascular surgery and wound care and hyperbarics. It is a Certified Primary Stroke Center, accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, Blue Distinction Maternity Care and Blue Distinction+ for Hip and Knee. Additionally, SLMC is home to the only Senior-Friendly ER and Orthopedic & Spine Institute.
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies for eight consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
Working under the supervision of a nurse, the Mental Health Tech performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
* Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
* Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
* Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
* Assists patients in ambulating.
* Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
* Performs non sterile dressing changes.
* Passes and collects bed pans.
* Changes bed linens.
* Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
QUALIFICATIONS POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
* High School Graduate or equivalent preferred.
* Current BLS Certification as a Healthcare Provider (American Heart Association)
* CPI Certification (Crisis Prevention Course)
* Previous mental health work experience in an acute care facility.
* Working knowledge of medical terminology.
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
* Ability to make quick decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.