Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES
The Coordinator for Student Conduct Records and Administration is responsible for coordinating all administrative support responsibilities for the Office of Student Standards and Conduct. These office activities include but are not limited to; answering phones, managing calendars, responding to office emails, assisting students and other office patrons, maintaining accurate student records, coordinating external and internal communication with office partners and supporting the administrative needs of the staff in the office. In addition, this position is responsible for ensuring appropriate maintenance of and release of educational records generated by the student conduct process. This includes compiling accurate student records in response to or as required by FERPA, FOIA, Subpoena, and Clery. Such as creating hearing packets for hearing officers, Appeal packets for the All-University Conduct Board, and creating Clery reports for all Clery reportable offenses. This position is responsible for managing the OSSC website and ensuring the annual Code of Student Life is posted each year in the Student Handbook Website. This position is required to utilize the Advocate database to access secure educational records, maintain accurate educational records, and provide administrative support for the conduct process.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL RELEVANT APPLICATION MATERIALS INCLUDE DETAILS ADDRESSING THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS. APPLICANTS NOT MEETING THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM CONSIDERATION.
* The formal education equivalent of a bachelor s degree with a major in sociology, public administration, or related field
* At least two years of experience in program administration or related area
DOES THIS JOB REQUIRE ANY LICENSE(S)/CERTIFICATION(S)*
IF YES, PLEASE SPECIFY
* Experience working in a college or university setting
* Experience working with college or university students
* Experience managing and maintaining student educational records
* Familiarity with Federal, State, and Local Laws pertaining to student educational records and the student conduct process
* Experience using the University of Arkansas UAConnect system, in a non-student role and the University of Arkansas BASIS system
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
* Knowledge of the organization and administration of various higher education academic and student programs and services
* Knowledge of campus and community resources
* Knowledge of computers and software applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, etc.
* Ability to compile information into report form
* Ability to prepare, present, and review oral and written information and reports
* Ability to research and analyze related work program information
* Ability to plan, organize, and direct the work of others
* Ability to provide exemplary customer service skills
* Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and prioritize strategies and tasks in an independent way
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
* Repetitive motion
* Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
None. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
IS THIS POSITION WEATHER/EVENT ESSENTIAL* IF YES, THE EMPLOYEE IN THIS POSITION WILL REPORT TO WORK AT THE SCHEDULED TIME WHEN THE UNIVERSITY IS CLOSED DUE TO INCLEMENT CONDITIONS.
Fayetteville Campus - Pomfret Hall B
PAY GRADE LEVEL
TYPE OF BACKGROUND CHECKS REQUIRED
Criminal felony and misdemeanor and national registered sex offender check
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING REQUIREMENTS
The University of Arkansas is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Posting Detail Information
FUTURE OPEN DATE
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
ANTICIPATED START DATE
ANTICIPATED END DATE (FOR TEMPORARY APPOINTMENTS)
RECRUITMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
Dr. Rachel Eikenberry, Ed.D.
Office of Student Standards and Conduct
Division of Student Affairs
University of Arkansas
Pomfret Hall B 110
Fayetteville AR, 72702
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A s employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS SUMMARY
222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to race/color, sex, gender, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.