Posted in Other 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fayetteville, Arkansas
SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES
Reporting to the Executive Director of the IDEALS Institute, the senior trainer will have lead responsibility for curriculum development, training delivery, and creation and implementation of special projects and grant-related deliverables. They will also mentor, collaborate with, and direct the junior trainer and the associate trainer in their efforts. The position will oversee and assist with training planning, preparation, and set-up. The senior trainer will also assist the executive director in developing potential client relationships. They will work with the executive director and the senior research fellow in assessing client needs. Position is expected to stay current on Learning & Development trends, technology, and best practices to inspire a culture of learning. Must demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion. Must be willing to travel on behalf of the university and work irregular hours, if necessary.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL RELEVANT APPLICATION MATERIALS INCLUDE DETAILS ADDRESSING THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS. APPLICANTS NOT MEETING THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM CONSIDERATION.
* A bachelor s degree
* At least 12+ years of training curriculum development, facilitation, and assessment experience
* At least five years of supervisory and/or mentoring experience
* At least three five years of experience with Learning Management Systems
* Demonstrated experience with, and knowledge of, adult learning principles and practices
* Demonstrated experience developing and delivering training in multiple formats (in person, multimedia, etc.)
* Demonstrated understanding of the unique issues surrounding diversity, equity and inclusion in Northwest Arkansas and across the state
* Demonstrated ability to facilitate difficult conversations around sensitive topics
DOES THIS JOB REQUIRE ANY LICENSE(S)/CERTIFICATION(S)*
IF YES, PLEASE SPECIFY
Valid Driver's License
* Established experience developing diversity, equity and inclusion training curricula
* At least five years of employee/contractual work experience with the University of Arkansas
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
* Strong project management, organization and time management skills.
* Ability to create a learning environment in the classroom, manage the class and time, facilitate interactive learning, and understand the basic principles of adult learning theory.
* Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
* Strong client service and consultation skills, customer focus.
* Ability to use teamwork and collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
* Ability to work well with individuals at all levels and from various backgrounds.
* Conceptual & critical thinking skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills and facilitating of large group interactions or training.
* Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
* Ability to develop engaging and effective training materials, such as facilitator guides, user guides, job aids, visual aids and measurement tools.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office
* Excellent leadership skills
* Ability to work alone and in a team setting
* Ability to multi-task
* Ability to meet goals and deadlines
* Ability to handle competing priorities that are high-level and time-sensitive
* Ability to establish relationships and engage stakeholders
* Ability to use online learning technology
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
* Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
* Repetitive motion
Employee is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment., Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
None. The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., 40 hours/week (hours and days may vary based on department needs)
IS THIS POSITION WEATHER/EVENT ESSENTIAL* IF YES, THE EMPLOYEE IN THIS POSITION WILL REPORT TO WORK AT THE SCHEDULED TIME WHEN THE UNIVERSITY IS CLOSED DUE TO INCLEMENT CONDITIONS.
Fayetteville Campus - IDEALS Institute
$78,000, negotiable commensurate with credentials and experience
TYPES OF BACKGROUND CHECKS REQUIRED
National criminal background and registered sex offender check
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING REQUIREMENTS
The University of Arkansas is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Posting Detail Information
FUTURE OPEN DATE
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
ANTICIPATED START DATE
ANTICIPATED END DATE (FOR TEMPORARY APPOINTMENTS)
RECRUITMENT CONTACT INFORMATION
University of Arkansas Human Resources
All application materials must be uploaded to the U of A s employment system at jobs.uark.edu. Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS SUMMARY
222 Administration Building Fayetteville, AR 72701.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to race/color, sex, gender, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal or state law. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.