Posted in Other 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Houston, Texas
You're an independent, self-motivated, and objective thinker who doesn't need a lot of supervision to get the job done. You have a keen eye for identifying potential issues, and you like to lead teams to create solutions. You're looking for a position where you can work both in an office and traveling to remote sites. You're not afraid to research solutions when you don't know the answer. Training comes naturally to you, and you enjoy sharing your knowledge and know-how with others.
The Environmental Program Manager will be responsible for providing technical support and independent oversight of environmental compliance activities for multiple hazardous waste management facilities across multiple states. You will develop and implement strategies to achieve continuous compliance with air, waste and water regulations, and maintain strong working relationships with environmental regulators. You will also work closely with internal and external resources, including regulatory agencies, to obtain permits, resolve inspections and meet the facility regulatory obligations; promoting consistent application of the regulations while providing relevant information and reports to upper management on the program performance.
Day in the Life
After booting up your computer and grabbing your favorite morning beverage, you can expect to:
* Participate in establishing procedures for administering regulatory compliance programs
* Review environmental legislative developments to determine changes in legal requirements and probable effects on their facilities
* Reinforce internal company standards and policies to comply with all regulatory requirements
* Read and interpret regulations, legislative developments, and permits
* Develop, implement, and oversee environmental data management systems for collecting and tracking data
* Partner with facility operations to develop solutions for achieving business and compliance goals
* Assist facility environmental staff with maintaining site permits and maintain strong working relationships with regulatory agencies
* Develop compliance solutions in partnership with internal and external stakeholders
* Monitor environmental inspections, enforcement and permitting across their region to ensure timely and appropriate resolution
* Motivate and influence individuals that may not be under your direct control
* Collaborate, listen and manage relationships
* Be able to understand a particular situation from the perspective of different business units (regulatory, operations, financial, etc.)
* Facilitate communications between corporate and site personnel through meetings and reporting
* Perform other, related duties as assigned. These are duties may not be specifically listed in this description, but which are within the general nature typically associated with the employee's level of work
What you need to apply
* Bachelor's degree in engineering, chemistry, biology or related fields, or an equivalent combination of education and 12 or more years of progressively responsible experience implementing environmental programs
* Must have extensive knowledge of complex regulations specific to the environmental waste industry management principles and best practices including analysis and evaluation; research methods and strategies
* Expert level knowledge and understanding of current hazardous waste treatment storage and disposal facility (TSDF) and field and industrial services practices
* Proven and highly developed management skills to effectively lead and direct a compliance assurance program
* Comprehensive knowledge of EPA (RCRA, CAA & CWA) and equivalent TCEQ regulations while familiar with OSHA, DOT, and ISO programs
* Detail oriented and possess technical aptitude
* Ability to work under pressure, exercise independent judgment and select effective course of action while controlling resources and expenditures
* Knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint applications is essential
For more than 60 years, US Ecology has partnered with retailers, manufacturers and government entities across North America to keep the environment clean. The work is hard, but the reward is significant. Our experts provide services and solutions that address complicated treatment, disposal, recycling and emergency response issues that may otherwise jeopardize the health of our planet. By helping our partners safely dispose of their hazardous and regulated waste, the teams at US Ecology are ensuring a sustainable future for our children, our communities, and the well-being of the places we call home.
For your hard work
* Opportunity for professional growth
* Employer paid certifications and training
* Paid Time Off & Holidays
* 401(k) US Ecology matches 55% of your contribution up to 6% of your pay
* Find out more at usecology.com
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled