Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Lakeland, Florida
Backed by more than 30 years of experience and one of the industry's leading safety performance records, PPM, helps clients address the complex challenges inherent in today's manufacturing and industrial facilities environment. Our wide experience in meeting industrial plant maintenance needs enables us to implement systems and processes that keep your facilities and equipment running at consistently optimum levels.
This is semi-skilled work in the area of electric and water vehicular traffic control. An incumbent is responsible for the calculation and placement of traffic control devices and barricades in accordance with "Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices: (MUTCD) standards and regulations. Employee is responsible for the safety of the public and the utility workers within the traffic control zone. Work is reviewed by a supervisor during progress and upon completion to maintain performance according to established standards.
* Flags at electric and water utility work sites in all types of weather.
* Controls the direction of traffic control patterns and places signs and barricades in compliance with MUTCD.
* Maintains tools, signs, and related equipment in serviceable condition.
* Operations traffic control trucks, generators, and trailer mounted arrow boards.
* Performs vehicle inspection daily.
* Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
* Must possess and maintain a clean & valid State of Florida Class "D" driver's license or obtain one within appropriate time specified by the employing department
* Must possess and maintain a valid telephone number
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opporyunity Employer.