Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Stockbridge, Georgia
Develops and monitors the work activities in the Histology Lab and the Morgue. Performs routine histological activities of receiving, preparing, and processing surgical specimens for patients. POSITION REQUIREMENTS
1. All applicants should meet at least one (1) of the following education/experience requirements: a. Successful completion of a formal histology technologist training program or certified as an HT (ASCP), AND four (4) years experience in histology laboratory techniques and procedures, OR b. Bachelor's degree in Histology.
2. In order to be considered as a Histology Technologist II, candidate must have: a. Minimum of four (4) years of experience in histology laboratory techniques and procedures, OR b. Minimum of one (1) year of service in the Northside Hospital laboratory, OR c. Minimum of one (1) year prior supervisory experience.
3. Attention to detail, good physical dexterity, and good written and oral communication skills.
4. Applicants must demonstrate skills as described in the promotion path guidelines
1. Computer keyboard and information system experience.
2. Immuno chemistry experience and/or training.
3. Bachelor's degree in science, plus successful completion of a formal histology technologist training program.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Yes
WORK HOURS: 6:30a-3p
WEEKEND REQUIREMENTS: No
ON-CALL REQUIREMENTS: No
Northside Hospital is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.