Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota
The Shipping, Receiving and Warehouse Manager is responsible for leading, training and directing Team Leads and associates. Manages all warehouse and inventory control duties, planning and execution of shipping and receiving functions to meet or exceed customer commitments. This position is responsible for a broad range of duties including, but not limited to safety initiatives, departmental development, and continuous improvement efforts in accordance with quality management principles and overall objectives of the organization. The role will promote a collaborative environment to ensure effective communication and interaction across departments to achieve business results.
What You\'ll Do:
* Oversees Team Leads, Supervisors, Material Handlers and other associates to ensure daily Shipping, Receiving, Final Assembly, Inventory Control and Material Handling demands are consistently met. May include a second shift if necessary.
* Manages and maintains inventory control cycle counting and physical inventory programs.
* Removes capacity constraints throughout the production process.
* Communicates and collects shipping and logistics quotations, liaises with inside sales to manage customer orders.
* Sets standards for labor efficiency.
* Develops and reports metrics and manages them for daily improvement.
* Meets customer demands by error free shipping in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
* Manages employee performance to establish expectations, monitor, and measure contributions and provide employee feedback, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
* Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; developing personal growth opportunities.
* Maintains work flow by monitoring steps of the process; setting processing variables; observing control points and equipment; monitoring personnel and resources; studying methods; implementing cost reductions; developing reporting procedures and systems; facilitating corrections to malfunctions within process control points; initiating and fostering a spirit of cooperation within and between departments.
* Creates and Completes shipping and receiving plans by scheduling and assigning personnel; accomplishing work results; establishing priorities; monitoring progress; revising schedules; resolving problems.
* Drives and improves SAP system usage. Helps reconfigure systematic changes to help productivity.
* Performs work that is compliant with cGMP, ISO, QMS, OSHA and other pertinent regulations and directives.
* Maintains quality standards by ensuring that all team members follow all work instructions for each product build.
* Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook, AWAIR and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
* Provides manufacturing information to the Director of Operations by compiling, initiating, sorting, and analyzing production performance records and data; answering questions and responding to requests.
* Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, record-keeping systems, forms of control, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing change.
* Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
* Resolves and addresses personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
* Performs additional duties as assigned.
What You\'ll Need
* Education: Bachelors Degree or equivalent specific experience.
* Minimum of 5 years of related work experience.
* Managing a team of 3 or more personnel.
* Initiating and completing multiple daily international shipments.
* Operating a warehouse across multiple shifts.
* Running or managing daily cycle counts.
* Running a wall-to-wall physical inventory.
* Participating continuous improvement projects.
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including MS Word and Excel.
* Working knowledge of ISO guidelines.
* Understanding and implement 6S and lean manufacturing techniques.
* Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely, creative manner.
* Ability to generate and adhere to a schedule.
* Actively supports and complies with Pelican BioThermal s objectives, guidelines and commitment to Quality and Safety, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
* Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
* Must have the ability to complete assignments within the timeframe specified by the Manager.
* Must be flexible regarding working hours. Must be able to work evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
* Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Ensures that staff is contributing at maximum potential through rigorous hiring practices and an emphasis on training and development initiatives, including coaching and counseling direct reports in their performance and professional development, with final authority for approving pay increases, hiring decisions and disciplinary actions.
* Emphasizes ethical leadership and decision-making to protect Pelican BioThermal s brand and reputation.
* Establishes challenging, productive and achievable goals for direct reports; measure results by establishing checkpoints to track progress.
Bonus Points For:
* LEAN and/or Six Sigma Experience
* Running a continuous improvement project
* Certified Practitioner in Inventory Management (CPIM)
* Certifications in International Shipping
* Experience with SAP Shipping, Receiving, and Inventory Movement functionality
* Experience with Current Good Manufacturing Practice regulations (cGMP)
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.