Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Port Saint Lucie, Florida
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA has been recognized as a WORLD'S MOST ADMIRED COMPANY in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by FORTUNE MAGAZINE. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO NIGHTS, NO WEEKENDS, OR ON-CALL will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today's life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Contributes to the company's mission, vision, and values by ensuring instruments, supplies, and equipment purchased are researched to maximize cost effectiveness; maintaining accurate and complete records concerning ordering, receiving, and payment for such in a timely and cost-effective manner; operating independently as well as cooperatively; maintaining professional and effective working relationships with teammates; and demonstrating knowledge and skills necessary to support superior patient care.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Establishes and maintains levels and related controls of supplies and equipment for the Center.
· Responsible for purchases for the Center as necessary, utilizing purchase orders and checking orders received for accuracy and completeness.
· Prepares goods for return as appropriate and responsible for shipment of all goods from the Center.
· Establishes and maintains PAR stock levels in all areas, with the cooperation of staff members.
· Maintains knowledge base and utilization of contract pricing, keeping current.
· Coordinates and participates in biannual inventory.
· Processes accounts payable, matching billing to invoices, coding and processing in conjunction with the business office manager.
· Confers with physicians and nursing staff on special products or equipment needs and initiates trial use if indicated.
· Supports the Center's philosophy, procedures, policies and goals.
· Communicates a positive and caring attitude towards peers, other staff members, patients and visitors.
· Maintains strict confidentiality of patient information and Center communication and records.
· Implements safety measures, practices universal precautions and infection control measures and participates in drills.
· Participates in Department and Facility staff meetings, as appropriate, and complies with the Center's performance.
· Works as scheduled and reports for duty on time. Complies with allotted meal/break times, remaining flexible when necessary.
· Analyzes reports and maintain accurate month-end procedures.
· Utilizes SMART program effectively.
· Performs assigned duties as well as other functions as needed or requested, demonstrating competence and seeking guidance, direction and assistance if needed.
· Other duties as assigned based on business operational needs.
· Some college preferred.
· Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting highly preferred. (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office) preferred.
· Minimum (1) year of experience in materials management.
· Some accounting/bookkeeping experience helpful.
· BLS may be required as per facility standard.