Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Chevy Chase, Maryland
POSITION: Senior Program Development Manager
Chevy Chase, MD
JOB ID: 811
# OF OPENINGS: 1
SENIOR PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
UNIVERSITY RESEARCH CO., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
DIVISION & PROJECT OVERVIEW:
The URC Quality & Performance Institute (QPI) is a division of URC which serves as an organizing force to bring together best practices, staff experience, partnerships, and documentation on improving health care at URC. QPI leads URC s initiatives to improve health delivery and develop country capacity to strengthen health and human service delivery systems.
QPI s work focuses on strengthening health systems to develop the capacity to continuously improve and achieve better outcomes. Through QPI, URC has implemented quality improvement and operations research programs in health care since 1981, in addition to our work in the following areas: community health; gender integration; health workforce development; HIV; knowledge management; maternal, newborn and child health/family planning; nutrition; research and evaluation; and vulnerable children and families.
This is a mid to senior-level position embedded within the QPI unit. Key responsibilities include; coordinating proposals; serving as a contributing or lead writer and/or technical integrator on QPI proposal teams and providing strategic recruitment and partnerships. S/he supports multiple, simultaneous business development efforts. Also, contributes to management of pipeline, resource allocation, strategic planning, quality control and oversight of proposals, and support business development tracking and reporting.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Handle proposal management and coordination of multiple bids, depending on bid size and complexity.
* Serve as lead or contributing writer and assure efficient development and submission of clear, readable and responsive technical and cost proposals.
* Track compliance with URC controls and proposal processes and procedures, troubleshooting issues as needed.
* Develop/draft marketing materials reflective of URC s technical strengths and geographic portfolios.
* Use networks and contacts in support of pipeline development and the tracking of program development opportunities.
* Provide other technical support, as needed.
* This position requires physical presence at URC HQ in Chevy Chase and does not lend itself to teleworking
* Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor s degree or 3 years or relevant professional experience and a master s degree.
* Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in international development, with field experience a plus. Minimum one year of business development experience preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task.
* Proven experience working independently as well as in a team.
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and writing.
* Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
PLEASE NOTE: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the United States for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/R sum and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. WE VALUE AND SEEK DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKFORCE.