Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Chevy Chase, Maryland
POSITION: Business Development Associate
Chevy Chase, MD
JOB ID: 1092
# OF OPENINGS: 1
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
UNIVERSITY RESEARCH CO., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (HTTP://WWW.URC-CHS.COM/).
DIVISION & PROJECT OVERVIEW:
The URC Quality & Performance Institute (QPI) is a division of URC which serves as an organizing force to bring together best practices, staff experience, partnerships, and documentation on improving health care at URC. QPI leads URC s initiatives to improve health delivery and develop country capacity to strengthen health and human service delivery systems.
QPI s work focuses on strengthening health systems to develop the capacity to continuously improve and achieve better outcomes. Through QPI, URC has implemented quality improvement and operations research programs in health care since 1981, in addition to our work in the following areas: community health; gender integration; health workforce development; HIV; knowledge management; maternal, newborn and child health/family planning; nutrition; research and evaluation; and vulnerable children and families.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE plays a central role in all aspects of URC s business development cycle, systems and tools.
* Uses organizational and coordination skills to support capture and proposal teams in a fast-paced environment
* Serves in key BD roles throughout the capture and proposal stages including but not limited to: BD support, Proposal Manager, and Partner Liaison
* Monitors the proposal development process from solicitation release to bid submission, including preparing proposal calendars, developing compliance documents, organizing meetings, and ensuring next steps are documented and notes are developed, etc.
* Writes, edits, and proofreads sections of proposals, such as past performance, institutional experience, and personnel
* Schedules and participates in color team reviews and coordinates the feedback process to writers
* Coordinates communication among URC staff, partners and others. Contributes to cross-departmental initiatives to enhance BD processes and resources.
* Provides on-time solutions and high-level of coordination to support successful proposal development
* Participates actively and consistently in the development and continuous improvement of BD systems and tools, including databases on partners, experts, and qualifications
* Represent URC at external technical and networking events
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor s degree in international development or related social sciences degree. Master s degree preferred.
* At least 2 years experience in business development, marketing, communications, international development, or related role preferred
* Excellent writing and editing skills
* Ability to ensure attention to high level of detail and follow-through, often actively supporting multiple activities with competing deadlines
* Ability to work well in a fast-paced high-pressure environment, keeping in mind deadlines and deliverables to colleagues or partnering organizations
* Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat to produce and deliver high-quality, well-formatted documents
* Demonstrated ability to maintain professionalism and uphold strict confidentiality of URC s business development plans, activities, and goals
* Ability and willingness to travel for up to 25% time for 1 to 2 weeks at a time to developing countries and work with field staff and/or local partners
* Fluency in English
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
* Previous proposal/grant writing or business development experience working with government and/or foundation clients
* International "hands-on" work experience in developing countries (e.g., Peace Corps)
* Experience focused on international development writing and communication for internal and external clients
* Foreign language ability
* Knowledge and application of FAR and/or Super Circular Regulations
Business Development requires that capture efforts and proposals be developed under tight deadlines. Therefore, candidates must be willing and able to work overtime occasionally and, at times, on a regular basis to communicate with national or international partners based in different time zones and be able to meet firm deadlines.
PLEASE NOTE: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the United States for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC s Career Opportunities page at WWW.URC-CHS.COM/CAREER-OPPORTUNITIES.
YOU MUST ATTACH YOUR CV/R SUM AND YOUR COVER LETTER WHERE INDICATED. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID FORM 1420 CONTRACTOR EMPLOYEE BIOGRAPHICAL DATA SHEET as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC IS AN E-VERIFY EMPLOYER
URC IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
WE VALUE AND SEEK DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKFORCE.