Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tampa, Florida
Cognizant is a strategic partner to the Fortune 2,000, helping the world's most influential companies to build software and solutions, empowering our clients' businesses and enabling their competitive advantages. Most recently we’ve come to truly understand the ways in which software is eating the world. This creates an opportunity for us to reinvent the mode in which we execute with our clients. As a result, Cognizant now finds itself at the intersection of business value, technology and the Silicon Valley style of execution. What you may already identify as Lean Startup methodologies, Extreme Programming (XP), DevOps, etc., we take a step further in order to hyper-focus on velocity and high-performance engineering
· Experience with Heterogeneous environment. Strong on Java/ .Net, REST based systems. Understands network and infrastructure level dependencies. Expertise should span performance engineering, performance optimization, performance tuning across J2EE/ .Net applications and database
· Excellent knowledge and demonstrated capability on scripting (Linux Shell Script preferred) or Windows Powershell
· Automation of production support processes through scripting (5+ years)
· Production Automation using a combination of the following technologies – Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Python Dev ops automation (1 – 2 years)
· Modern container platform knowledge – Docker, Kubernates, etc… (3+ years)
· Expertise in designing and reviewing architectures for Performance, Scalability and availability, building automated tools for detecting and reporting metrics to drive pro-active performance engineering effort.
· Ability to understand business non-functional requirements and break them down to application and system level to help architects, designers and developers in engineering applications for Performance.
· Experience in setting up Performance Engineering Center of Excellence with the ability to define processes and methodologies relevant to a customer context, define template and checklists, understand Cognizant Performance Architecture Consulting & Engineering Best practices and bring them to a customer and institutionalize.
· Provide thought leadership to the customer teams and Cognizant teams on adopting the best tooling for optimal productivity and faster time to defect identification and resolution w.r.t NFRs.
· Understanding of Scalable and highly available architectural patterns and best practices and experience in adopting them in real time engagements.
· Experience and skills to work with multiple teams and drive performance engineering recommendations to be implemented.
· Ability to communicate the benefits of implementing recommendations both from a technology perspective and business perspective.
· Ability to Program manage large technology programs or Performance Engineering center of excellence
· Ability to communicate at the executive levels in order to convince them to adopt PE recommendations or PE best practices
Cognizant is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
|SNo||Primary Skill||Proficiency Level *||Rqrd./Dsrd.|
* Proficiency Legends
|Proficiency Level||Generic Reference|
|PL1||The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.|
|PL2||The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.|
|PL3||The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.|
|PL4||The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.|