Job Description: Current Employees: If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .
Where Excellence Meets Purpose
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (For Non-exempt Employees Include Percent of Effort) : (Performs duties and responsibilities under minimal supervision)
· Completes assignments requiring the collection, and organization of data (may provide analysis).
· Maintains calendars including the Executive Director and conference room schedules.
· Provides routine and general clerical support to the Executive Director and Dean's Office.
· Composes correspondence or selects standardized formats.
· Prepares financial forms (IDRs, Reimbursements, PO's, work orders, check requisitions, etc. for the School).
· Process facilities work orders ( GCS, security, key shop etc. for the school)
· Schedules all business travel arrangements for faculty.
· Prepares and maintains the master course schedule spreadsheet of all SONHS courses, on a per semester basis
· Prepares and disseminates, all workload assignments to 50 full-time faculty, 40 part-time faculty, teaching staff, and graduate students, on a per semester basis
· Gains approval from the Provost Office for any table purchases or sponsorships needed for outside events, and purchases table or sponsorship.
· Assist with the updating of the Schools Master Schedule
· Updates the SONHS Emergency Tree
· Coordinates the programming of the SONHS door schedule.
· Creates and maintains an event database for SONHS.
Faculty Affairs and Evaluation
· Maintains central databases and logs of evaluations, recruitment efforts, and vacancies.
· Communicates with faculty candidates by phone and email and coordinates all aspects of candidates' campus visit, interviews, and travel with the SONHS business office.
· Manages ongoing maintenance of faculty credentials to include required licensure. Conducts primary source verification of licensure for all faculty and adjunct faculty each semester.
· Assist with preparing attestations for all faculty and new hire packet for part-time lecturers.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: · Knowledge of routine office practices and procedures.
· Knowledge of simple data processing and transmission principles.
· Ability to utilize computerized information systems.
· Ability to read and decipher data on source documents to be entered.
· Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy and a reasonable rate of speed.
· Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
· Skill in data entry or typing
Education Requirements (Essential Requirements) : · High school diploma or equivalent.
Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements) :
Three (3) to Five (5) years of progressive related experience.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.