Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Santa Clara, California
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Sr. Cloud Security Engineer
Want to be part of a new team that is defining, building and supporting a new common services framework cloud platform?
With more than 117 years of technology innovation, a global team of 100,000, and 64,000+ technology patents, NEC is in the business of providing solutions that focus on safety, security, operational efficiency - enabling people to live brighter, more enriched lives. We call this orchestrating a brighter world.
NEC Enterprise Communication Technologies, Inc. (“NECECT”) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation. The company develops and supports a wide range of solutions, including Unified Communications, Software-defined networking, Video Analytics and IoT.
What You Get To Do Every Day
· Thinking of infrastructure as code you work closely with Customer Support, DevOps, Development and QA teams on determining changes to architecture and technologies
· Take the lead in designing, building and deploying solutions that protect NEC and its customers against advanced adversaries
· Research the latest threats & methods for deploying infrastructure controls in the prevention, detection and reaction to best securing the environment and automate threat identification and defense capabilities
· Architect, configure, and maintain infrastructure, network and supporting software related to our cloud and application infrastructure managing and deploying devices including firewalls, VPC’s, Security Groups, Key
Management and Secure SDLC pipeline
· Manage the cloud infrastructure security standard including security configurations in the Cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP etc.) platform and operating system security standard
· Define tools to improve our ability to prevent and detect intrusions in real-time
· Handle complex and detailed hands-on technical work as necessary to establish and maintain a secure cloud security environment
· Manage infrastructure security vulnerability mechanism and perform relating scan and penetration testing
· Manage automation mechanism and relating process (regular assessment, enforcement, and exception process, etc) to ensure continuous compliance and security of cloud infrastructure
· Securing perimeter and network of NEC’s application environment
· Implement and maintain network security infrastructure globally including Firewalls, DDOS mitigation, VPN and remote access
What You Bring To The Role
· BSCS / MSCS or equivalent and a MINIMUM of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in a comparable role in a SaaS or Software entity
· 3+ years of experience in IT Operation/DevOps work
· 1+ years of experience in an AWS/AZURE/GCP environment
· You’ve worked on DDoS mitigation, penetration testing, infrastructure level security at large scale organizations
· Familiarity with secure coding practices, the OWASP top 10 and PII
· Working knowledge of cryptography
· Prior experience in a technology company working closely with product and DevOps engineers on security requirements
· Experience with DevOps environments and Azure, AWS & GCP security controls a strong plus
· Proven track record in developing and implementing security tools, technologies and process integrations for cloud-based architectures
· You are able to quickly learn new technologies, think out-of-the-box to find creative solutions, and communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
· Skill in strategic thinking; ability to connect disparate information and determine a longer-term vision and tactical steps to agree and deliver a result
· Track record of continuing professional development to keep abreast of latest developments relevant to discipline and industry
· Passion, drive, commitment and tenacity in leading via influencing
· Must possess excellent oral and written documentation skills
ABOUT NEC CORPORATION OF AMERICA
Headquartered in Irving, Texas, NEC is a leading provider of innovative IT, biometrics, network, and communications products and solutions for service carriers and Fortune 1000 and SMB businesses across multiple vertical industries, including healthcare, government, education, and hospitality. NEC delivers one of the industry's broadest portfolios of technology solutions and professional services, including unified communications, wireless, voice and data, managed services, server and storage infrastructure, optical network systems, microwave radio communications, and biometric security. NEC is a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, a global technology leader with a presence in over 44 countries and more than $37.5 billion in revenue. For more information, please visit www.necam.com.
NEC Corporation of America and its subsidiaries is committed to the maximum utilization of all human resources and the goal of Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, genetic characteristics, height, weight, arrest record pertaining to misdemeanors or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
EOE-Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities