This position is responsible for the development, integration and maintenance of internal and consumer-facing applications for LocalEdge.
* Design, implementation and maintenance of applications for both internal and consumer-facing platforms.
* Reviews and provides technical oversight of requirements, designs, and test plans.
* Collaborates with team members, provides work estimates and reports project status using agile development principles.
* Provides technical mentoring to less experienced peers.
* Writes and executes unit and integration tests to ensure quality.
* Reports, tracks and fixes defects.
* Writes and maintains technical documentation.
* Ensures that delivered solutions meet stated functional and business requirements.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
* Minimum of 5 years experience building enterprise grade Java based web applications and batch processes.
* Solid understanding of Object-oriented principles and design patterns
* Experience with RESTful and SOAP based Web Services (client and server)
* Experience working with distributed version control systems (Mercurial or Git)
* Strong Java and Spring Framework experience
* Relational data modeling (JDBC, Hibernate, Spring Data)
* Maven or Gradle build tool experience
* Linux proficiency
* Experience with agile development methodologies (Scrum, XP)
* Experience with HTML5, CSS3, responsive web design and related frameworks/tools (Bootstrap, less/sass, etc.)
* Continuous integration (Jenkins) and continuous delivery
* Experience with Docker, Kubernete