Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Nashua, New Hampshire
Software Engineer – Network Protocols
HPE/Plexxi is looking to hire a software engineer to work in the area of network protocols and related software. This involves the areas of layer 2 ethernet switching, layer 3 IP v4/v6 and configuration of the various features involving these technologies. Another key area would be the application of these technologies to the HPE/Plexxi solution resulting in a tremendously differentiated service offerings to our customers. A demonstrated ability to learn new system architectures and develop features that leverage our framework is critical.
- Experience working on a networking product or networking aspects of a storage product
- General knowledge of layer 2/layer 3 protocols and fundamentals of how they operate
- 2-4 years of programming experience in C/C++ in an embedded environment
- Experience developing/debugging an actual network protocol.
- A 4 year degree in computer science or related field
- Good communication skills
- Any experience in layer 2 switching and/or layer 3 routing protocol
- Exposure to object oriented programming and/or functional programming language (Erlang)
- Past success working in fast paced and collaborative environments
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.