Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
Job Req ID: 5152
Supermicro® is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
Supermicro is seeking a talented Software Test Engineer with great attention to detail and strong problem solving ability to join our software team. You will be responsible for examining all aspects of the products/applications, performing tests, and implementing test automation. If you are forward thinking engineer that can bring software quality improvement ideas and new strategies to lead the company forward, we would love to talk to you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implement software/firmware automation
• Perform software user interface, functionality and stress testing
• Test multi node systems in VM environment
• Utilize analytical skills to validate and verify software/system issues
• Conduct unit testing for product development
• Perform BIOS, IPMI, SWITCH testing
• Enforce software Quality Control
• Participate in software customization
• Prepare evaluation reports on the software tests
• Work closely with Product Managers on OEM Projects
• Maintain the standards set by the company
• BS in Computer Science or related field of study
• 1-3 years of relevant work experience
• Black box testing experience is required and white box testing experience is a plus
• Familiarity with the SQA requirements methodology
• Ability to adapt quickly and excel in a fast-paced environment
• Creative thinker with a passion for quality
• JAVA, Shell scripting, Python experience a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Able to sit for long periods of time.
• Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.
• Occasional bending and standing.
• Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
• Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
• Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions
• May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.