Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newark, New Jersey
The candidate will be a key part of the Long Term Care (LTC) experience study team. The team is responsible for all experience studies including mortality, lapse, morbidity and expenses. The LTC line of business includes both individual and group products. In addition, this team is responsible for monitoring LTC industry development and supporting Prudential’s participation in industry studies. We seek a candidate who will not only take ownership of several experience assumption projects but also increase the efficiency of actuarial processes through increased technology. This candidate needs to have strong analytical and communication skills in order to evaluate, understand, and communicate drivers of emerging experience and issues to senior management. The candidate will also be responsible for fulfilling ad-hoc requests and creating/testing spreadsheets. Furthermore, the candidate must have the attention to detail required to produce thorough documentation. He or she should have a strong knowledge of Excel and good analytical and mathematical skills, in addition to comfort in working with large data sets.
Location: Newark, NJ Plaza office.
• Bachelor’s Degree required preferably in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other highly quantitative field
• Actuarial exams a plus
• Ability to understand complex quantitative concepts and models
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience in MS Excel, MS Access, MS Word, and Visual Basic.
• High level of motivation, independent working and drive for results
• Detail oriented, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills