Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota
In this role you will work across all levels of the IT organization to implement policy, identify and analyze risk and recommend mitigation options. You will assist in the development and testing of department business continuity and disaster recovery procedures. And you’ll have the opportunity to leverage your technical talents to become the subject matter expert and champion for the department BCM and emergency notification solutions.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Program Management, Governance and Compliance
• Establish and maintain program and governance including development and implementation of IT disaster recovery policies, procedures, guidelines and plan templates using industry best practices
• Develop and produce program key performance indicators, metrics and reports that reflect overall health and viability of disaster recovery capabilities
• Responsible for administration and maintenance business continuity and disaster recovery planning tools including, but not limited to, automated notification systems (i.e. On Solve MIR3) and planning software (i.e. RPX) with all associated modules as they relate to risk assessment, business impact analysis, incident response and other BC/DR services. Interface and work with Disaster Recovery Service Provider(s) as assigned
• Maintains awareness of current legal/compliance requirements for business continuity and disaster recovery plans and standards; assists in preparation for compliance and audit events
• Stay current on DR trends and providing recommendations for continuous improvement around our DR strategy.
Planning and Response
• Analyzes BIA and Risk Assessment data, identify and understand implications and changes to disaster recovery requirements. Ensures plan owners make the appropriate changes to their DR plans as required
• Acts as an internal consultant, provides guidance and expertise in disaster recovery solutions and plan development.
• Partners with IT teams to coordinate ongoing updates to the plans and procedures, ensuring continuity and accessibility of documentation
• Provide 24x7 on-call support for any emergency, which may require activation of all or part of the IT business continuity or disaster recovery plans
• Assist in coordinating continuity efforts after a disruption by facilitating communications, assisting with the recovery process and organizing post event debriefs
Preparedness – Exercises, Training & Awareness
• Develop and provide training and training materials and is the subject matter expert for BCM solutions
• Develops and manages plan maintenance programs, exercise programs and training and awareness programs
• Assists with the planning, coordination and execution of disaster recovery exercises. Develop post exercise report and assist in developing remediation plans for identified exceptions, working with control owners to ensure all exceptions are remediated in a timely manner
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field; or the equivalent in education and work experience
• 5 – 7 years relevant experience working in an Information Security or Information Technology organization
• 3 – 5 years of experience in IT Service Continuity program management, IT disaster recovery plan development, maintenance and exercising
• Understanding of and experience in applying ISO 22301, NIST, ITIL v3, DRI International (DRII) or Business Continuity Institute (BCI) professional practices, as well as industry specific regulations and regulatory bodies.
• Preferred - Certified training in business continuity and/or disaster recovery solutions and practices a plus (i.e. CBCP, ABCP, CBCI, BCCP, CBRM, CBRITP, etc.)
• Possess general technology knowledge (mainframe, distributed, network, middleware and storage, data backup technologies)
• Strong analytical, organizational and decision-making skills • Requires oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with internal and external customers, including management and staff at all levels of the organization
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to interact with both technical and non-technical teams
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) with an ability to perform data analysis and produce professional presentations and reports
• Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure and respond rapidly to incidents 24/7/365. A
ll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor