Posted in Drivers 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Commerce, California
Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Recognized by Glassdoor as a "Best Place to Work" two years in a row, we couldn't be prouder of our employees. We are the largest family-owned winery in the world with over 100 brands. We are committed to driving innovation, sustainability, and fostering a culture of collaboration. We look forward to having you join the team! Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
Makes product deliveries to customers, perform various customer service functions in connection with the deliveries, and maintains accurate required documentation.
• Makes product deliveries to customers and cross dock locations.
• Accounts for all breakage, overage and shortage.
• Accurately completes required delivery paperwork.
• Follows Company work rules and policies.
• Must maintain satisfactory attendance to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory consideration.
• This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
• 18 years of age or older.
• High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
• Required to be physically capable of executing all essential functions to perform the job.
• Required to make deliveries to 20 to 30 customers a day. Average delivery consists of 14 cases per stop, or 300 cases per day.
• Required to lift 45 to 57 pound cases of product. The average case weight is approximately 38 pounds.
• Candidates for this position must have a valid Class A or Class B driver’s license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver’s license or appropriate state driver’s license within 30 days of hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, feel, talk and hear. The employee is constantly required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
• Manual lifting and stacking of cases, which constitute the delivery, on the rear of the truck.
• Manual lifting and stacking of cases onto hand truck. A hand truck will hold up to 6 cases of wine.
• Maneuvering of loaded hand truck into customer’s establishment.
• Involves driving, seeing, hearing, sitting, use of work related tools, walking, stooping, kneeling, squatting, reaching, loading and unloading, repetitive lifting, carrying, climbing, bending, pushing, and pulling tasks.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.