Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Newark, New Jersey
This position is in the pricing area of the Long-Term Care Division of Prudential. Primary responsibilities include the analysis, preparation and filing of rate increase requests and managing the correspondence with state regulators for these filings, for both group and individual Long-Term Care products. In this role, you will build and maintain models, reports and exhibits as well as support all aspects of our LTC rate increase strategy. There will be the opportunity to be involved in a variety of LTC actuarial projects, in line with the actuary’s abilities and experience.
Candidates should have a strong knowledge of Excel, excellent analytical and mathematical skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and deliverables. Candidates should enjoy an environment where their success is measurable and have the desire and ability to collaborate effectively with their colleagues on the rate increase team. The candidate should enjoy a fast-paced environment, where management puts them in a position to succeed.
The preferred location for the position is Newark, NJ. Alternate locations include Indianapolis, IN and Dresher, PA.
• College Degree required
• ASA or near ASA, MAAA preferred
• 3 or more years of actuarial experience is required
• Experience with long-duration insurance products is preferred, including long-term care insurance, permanent life insurance or individual disability income.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• High level of motivation, independent working ability and a strong drive for results; creative and flexible approach to problem-solving
• Detail-oriented, strong analytical and problem-solving skills