Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Default, Puerto Rico
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek ---- so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Every day, Agilent field service engineers help customers solve issues at labs where scientists are making discoveries that enhance the quality of life. Through our work, we deliver insights and provide support that keep labs running smoothly and more efficiently. Join our dynamic organization to be a part of this rewarding work.
As a field service engineer, you will work at a variety of labs, so having a solid understanding of Agilent's portfolio, and continuously learning about new instruments, software and consumables, is key. Applying your creativity, complex problem-solving skills, and can-do attitude is essential. Compliance and reporting are also important responsibilities, such as documenting and ordering components using a variety of databases. Having a natural instinct to deliver the highest-levels of customer service is vital.
You will be responsible for on-site installation, implementation, maintenance and repair of company and multi-vendor systems solutions which may include hardware, software and networking products as well as operating systems. Installs and optimizes hardware/software/network products and configurations at customer sites. Diagnoses and resolves product performance problems. Performs maintenance and repair services. Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventive maintenance and configurations, which may impact product performance. Proactively responds to potential equipment issues to prevent unplanned interruption of customers' business. Delivers (does not design) fully integrated solutions, which may include peripherals, communications, operating systems and applications software. Serves as an internal resource on technical issues. May train other field engineers or customers. May calibrate equipment on-site for large volume customers.
*Determines and develops approaches to assignments
*Leads field services and support projects requiring coordination with other functions, customers
*Solves a broad range of hardware and/ or software problems of varying scope and complexity
* Bachelors, Masters' Degree or other University Degree in a life science / chemistry field highly preferred; may consider combination of relevant experience and training/ education
* 4+ years working with analytical instrumentation -- examples include GC, GCMS, LC, LCMS, UV and dissolution. Multi-vendor experience highly preferred (Agilent, Waters, Thermo, PerkinElmer, Distek, etc.)
* Technology savvy - ability to effectively use technology tools, mobile, applications, customized software, etc.
*Advanced knowledge in Administrative and Maintenance tasks for CDS platforms (Open Lab, Empower, Chemstation, among others.
* Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
* Hands on experience with Agilent equipment required
* Prior experience with calibrations, troubleshooting and/or repair of Agilent equipment highly preferred
* A valid driver's license is required for this position
Minimum of 4+ years relevant experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled